Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:13 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Mightyqueen801...Thanks for sharing! Great that your daughter has been learning so much from her life in China. (And shares it all with you! YEA!)...Congratulations to you for taking risks and striking out on your own too! (Like mother like daughter!)...One of the things I loved and admired about my husband was his "love of adventure" and his desire to do new things all the time!..When we met I'd been working on starting a singles' publication. He thought it was a great idea and joined me in my pursuit...We started the singles' publication together about a week after we got married. He took over distribution and marketing. I "played editor." I wrote articles and found other writers too. We had a handwriting analysis column and other regular features. (Along with personal ads.)....Through our years together we started many different businesses and ventures. And now my son and I have been working on ideas for sites. If I ever reach a time when I can't "do" or grow anymore then it's probably time for me to "leave." How do you feel about it?...I guess it was just my husband's time to "leave" but I'm still here. And I'm glad my son is finally starting to "come back around!" YEA!...I developed a saying awhile back ago in order to stay strong: "I'm a cake and I taste good with or without frosting! It's nice to have frosting but I don't really need it to be okay! I can stand alone and hold my own!"
I am so glad you're son is responding favorably. That's great news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,508,090 times
I can go for months on end without contact with friends (I've done it in the past much to their annoyance). Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm in a relationship with someone whose been in my shoes and calls me out on my bull****.

Long story short, I'm sick of myself so I'd rather not be around others and bring them down. I tend to throw myself into 70+ hour work weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health