Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 12:17 PM

23,338 posts, read 18,903,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
OP: Do you have any hobbies? What are your talents or skills? What do you do for fun?

I know high school is hard for lots of people . . . trust me, life is good . . . just take one day at a time and try to find good things to focus on and appreciate.

Looks are not everything - try to connect with people genuinely - be real - be you - it's all good.
Guess the comments about resurrecting a zombie thread created by an OP who never returned and probably isn't listening fell on deaf ears (er, eyes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 07:09 PM

6,471 posts, read 3,992,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Thanks for bringing back a 6 year old thread . Glad I noticed that before I wasted time on a reply.
And why is that half the time, these replies that bring an old thread back to life are so often inconsequential? Like, often the person doesn't even have anything real to say... it's just "I've had that happen to me" or "You should get a new job" or "People can be jerks" or something.

In this case... the post in question barely has anything to do with the OP, even.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:19 PM

23,338 posts, read 18,903,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
And why is that half the time, these replies that bring an old thread back to life are so often inconsequential? Like, often the person doesn't even have anything real to say... it's just "I've had that happen to me" or "You should get a new job" or "People can be jerks" or something.

In this case... the post in question barely has anything to do with the OP, even.
There are people who can't refrain from contributing something to conversations they witness. Even if it doesn't add anything constructive or doesn't make any sense, they're doing it because they need to see themselves "in print". They need to leave their scent like a dog peeing on a fencepost. An inconsequential comment is safer...it won't expose their ignorance about the topic itself.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:38 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,931,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
There are people who can't refrain from contributing something to conversations they witness. Even if it doesn't add anything constructive or doesn't make any sense, they're doing it because they need to see themselves "in print". They need to leave their scent like a dog peeing on a fencepost. An inconsequential comment is safer...it won't expose their ignorance about the topic itself.
Unfortunately, unless the "resurrector" comes back and explains himself or herself, I have to lean toward agreeing with you; it makes no sense to me either and I've often wondered how these old threads gets resurrected when the new post doesn't offer much insight (I think there's one where the guy or girl did explain why he or she was commenting on a 5+ year old post and it made sense). I've noticed that most of those that dig up these posts usually have low post counts and generally they don't come back to explain.

So I'm going to have to take your explanation for it and darn it--there's sometimes I get fooled by it and end up replying to someone's problem from years ago! (Wish the "time" symbol that indicates an older post would stay on there longer; it seems to go away after a time). I figure then, there's probably someone else out there that has something similar going on; maybe it will help them.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:15 AM

73 posts, read 73,014 times
DELETED my RESPONSE after seeing how old the thread was.

( Its a 6 year old post )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health