Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 08:26 AM

6,456 posts, read 3,977,052 times

Advertisements

The above-- also, OP, you never said: are you able to get financial aid to help pay for your college? Live in a dorm (the expenses of which count toward what financial aid will cover)?

You need to talk with your mental health care provider, and also your college guidance counselor and financial aid advisor. Don't leave college unless it's really what you don't want. And if one field of study doesn't work for you, choose another one. Look at careers you might like to have, see if getting a job in those areas is actually possible (some fields sound like a fun time but jobs in that field are scarce), and see what educational/experience requirements those jobs have, and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 08:34 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
The above-- also, OP, you never said: are you able to get financial aid to help pay for your college? Live in a dorm (the expenses of which count toward what financial aid will cover)?

You need to talk with your mental health care provider, and also your college guidance counselor and financial aid advisor. Don't leave college unless it's really what you don't want. And if one field of study doesn't work for you, choose another one. Look at careers you might like to have, see if getting a job in those areas is actually possible (some fields sound like a fun time but jobs in that field are scarce), and see what educational/experience requirements those jobs have, and go from there.
I agree with this and was going to ask about financial aid. But will your illness allow you to go to college if you can't take care of yourself? You should be able to get free therapy, with your disability papers? Is that what they are? Even mentally disabled people can get jobs, you already get $ from the government. What expenses do you have if you are living with your Mom?

Old 05-22-2023, 03:31 AM

14 posts, read 12,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I agree with this and was going to ask about financial aid. But will your illness allow you to go to college if you can't take care of yourself? You should be able to get free therapy, with your disability papers? Is that what they are? Even mentally disabled people can get jobs, you already get $ from the government. What expenses do you have if you are living with your Mom?

I receive money from an institution of social help and the amount of money is 1900 bucks.
With these money I can only pay the gases,electrical current,internet and they are not enough for paying my college.
One time this instituition paid all of our debts at gas(which was about 1700 bucks) so we begged from this institution because my mother was incapable of getting a job!

Old 05-22-2023, 04:15 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
You live in Europe. (from OPs other threads).
Most public universities are free, almost free or provide student aid.
Where do you live? (country/city)

It seems that technical universities are too hard for you. Perhaps you should try something else?
What about learning trade??

You get plenty of money to support yourself. Is that in Euro?
You could rent a small apartment or room. Get a job and go to school. I don't see problem there.

BTW: students don't get financially ruined in Europe.

Last edited by elnina; 05-22-2023 at 04:28 AM..

Old 05-22-2023, 06:17 AM

14 posts, read 12,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You live in Europe. (from OPs other threads).
Most public universities are free, almost free or provide student aid.
Where do you live? (country/city)

It seems that technical universities are too hard for you. Perhaps you should try something else?
What about learning trade??

You get plenty of money to support yourself. Is that in Euro?
You could rent a small apartment or room. Get a job and go to school. I don't see problem there.

BTW: students don't get financially ruined in Europe.

About free colleges:they are free but only if your IB(international baccalaureate) is 7 or beyond 7.
I haven't studied for the IB and my grade is 6.6.
Are you saying that I should quit college and learn a job/a trade?
Isn't to late to learn a trade if you have no one to guide you?
I wanted to go to a trade school but my own parents forced me to pick a highschool.

Old 05-22-2023, 08:02 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Yes, I think you should pick a trade that would make you happy. You are an adult now and should make your own decisions.
What would YOU like to learn and work on?
You can go to school and have part time job. This, plus what you get already should be enough to live from. Where are you located, anyway??
Aren't there any free public universities or trade schools in your country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health