Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 11:27 PM

13,287 posts, read 8,480,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m sorry, but if you weren’t there, you have no idea what you would or wouldn’t do in a situation like that. Would you have the fortitude to stop Lt Calley and the orders he received (allegedly)? It’s highly doubtful.

Even highly trained police and military members, once they get into combat for the first time, seize up and their bodies and minds don’t function properly.

Too many arm chair QBs out there criticizing split decisions in incredibly complex and stressful situations , not unlike what we see today with police who have to make a decision when someone resists arrest.

Too many arm chair QBs certain they could do better when they know deep down they can’t.
Stop JUSTIFYING the murders and rapes.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:32 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
During my short time as a civilian employed with the federal gov, I heard and experienced a demeaning attitude towards veterans frequently. I will say federal civilian employees have been by far the worse regarding their attitudes of any place I worked or been around.
Federal civilian employees having a demeaning attitude towards someone else? Haha, say it isn't so...I worked with federal civilians for nearly three decades (as a military member) and they are the worst and shouldn't mumble a foul word about anyone.

The only ones that were worth anything were the veterans who would get out of civilian mode once in a while and lend a hand. I can't count how many civilians I interrupted while there were in a hot game of candy crush or surfing facebook that wouldn't do a thing to help out except give an excuse as to why something couldn't be done.

I'd like to think Trump didn't say that about our war dead but the guy is a loose cannon and has the potential to say anything at any moment. I'm still going to vote for him.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:37 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,554,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Trump today admitted it was likely Kelly who likely leaked these comments to the press. I guess its up to you if you believe General Kelly or DJT.
What?
DJT admitted that he said, It, by admitting that there is a leak?
If DJT didn't say, It, then there isn't a 'leak', to leak.

4 criteria:
Do you follow this man into battle?
Do you want your children to emulate this man?
How many Commandments does this man keep?
Would you enter into a contract with this person?

Old 09-05-2020, 12:39 AM

6,167 posts, read 3,388,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Stop JUSTIFYING the murders and rapes.
I’m not justifying any murder. I’m just calling you out for thinking you are better than the people that were there. Because in my experience, the ones who nitpick on the sidelines are the first ones to curl up in the fetal position when stuff gets real.

Nothing personal, just an observation, and my goal is for you to think very carefully before criticizing someone outside your scope of understanding.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:10 AM

30,678 posts, read 18,301,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump-friendly Fox News reporter has confirmed that Trump did say it.

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/st...75321495973889
No, she didn't confirm "that Trump did say it."

Absent any tape or actual proof of statements, all she did was find someone who pushed the same story.

Meanwhile, then-Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders (who was in France and with the president when these statements were allegedly uttered) has taken to Twitter in an official statement to vigorously deny that they were ever offered. So, to be clear: we have anonymous statements claiming one thing and an on-the-record denial by an authoritative source that people can confirm was actually with the president during this France visit. For honest people, it should be clear which statements to give more credence to.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:53 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,683,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I'd like to think Trump didn't say that about our war dead but the guy is a loose cannon and has the potential to say anything at any moment. I'm still going to vote for him.
+1

I don’t hang on every word mumbled by Trump behind closed doors. Especially when it’s things like someone said Trump said something. Oh, wow what a shocker, Trump saying inappropriate things. I served from the Clinton presidency to the beginning of Obama’s first term. The view I have of my service does not hinge on Trump, Obama, Bush, or Clinton. One party consistently supports our troops, including veterans, while the other does not.

I also thought the big deal made about Obama’s “latte salute” was dumb at the time.

I’d rather not have Trump leading the Republican Party and would prefer someone with more professionalism, but it is what it is. I don’t even believe that Trump personally is as patriotic, and definitely not as religious, as he tries to portray, but he’s playing the role for his supporters. When the alternative is a party that turns a blind eye to mobs burning the American flag, or chanting “death to America”, and tearing down statues of Washington and Lincoln, the choice is rather easy.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:31 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,063,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump-friendly Fox News reporter has confirmed that Trump did say it.

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/st...75321495973889

lol. No they didn't.

and the day I take "unnamed sources" as gospel like some folks is the day I finally sell that oceanfront property in Arizona that I have on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPa1URjZ_Y

Old 09-05-2020, 09:54 AM

1,131 posts, read 388,843 times
I've experienced "TRUMP" enough through his tweets, speeches, interviews ("STDs: my personal Vietnam)from books written by Woodward, Michael Woolf, John Bolton, Mary Trump, Phillip Rucker, and reading articles of interviews from Mattis, Kelly, Michael Cohen, Rex Tillerson, and WaPo's Fact Checker documenting 20,000 lies to come to my own conclusions about the man.

And as a 20+ yr veteran of the United States Army, I just can't understand how my fellow vets stomach this CinC.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:13 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,063,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
I've experienced "TRUMP" enough through his tweets, speeches, interviews ("STDs: my personal Vietnam)from books written by Woodward, Michael Woolf, John Bolton, Mary Trump, Phillip Rucker, and reading articles of interviews from Mattis, Kelly, Michael Cohen, Rex Tillerson, and WaPo's Fact Checker documenting 20,000 lies to come to my own conclusions about the man.

And as a 20+ yr veteran of the United States Army, I just can't understand how my fellow vets stomach this CinC.

>28 years here

Beats the lizard queen by a long shot. Note that I haven't really voted FOR an oval office occupant in a LONG time. It is typically against the opponent-in 2016, it worked. This year, I really don't care too either way.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:51 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,598,060 times
He comes across as a Henry Potter character in the movie It's a Wonderful Life. He is a wealthy elite. It's not clear whether Potter was self-made or born and coddled into wealth like Trump. He disparages everyone who lives in the community. He only praises people like George Bailey when they have something he wants. He is always coveting something that someone else has. It's all very similar to Trump who puts down everyone who is a competitor or even a subordinate, thereby blaming them for all his problems and absolving them of any right to any successes bestowed to him. Like Potter, he steals when he has the opportunity, such as the oil in Syria, and tries to destroy competitors needlessly when burning farmland in Syria achieves no real goal. He is a frontman like all other presidents and presidential candidates, and receives his marching orders from the backers on all policies. They really can't think on their feet, and have limited grasp of policies other than constantly repeating sound bytes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues