Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 09:43 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,082,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
I point to you bringing in politics to the equation with a statement such as the one above. Which if I do not miss my guess points to the Biden administration controlling Gen Mark Milley for politics. So where is it that I cannot say something in defense of that? In what world does it give you that right to say one thing and when you get push back fall back on the title of the thread?
Your continued perspective when we all bring up Biden’s failures towards the military; Afghanistan, vaccine mandates, (even on civilians), the negative effects on recruiting, DEI, is the same reply of “well Biden is better than Trump”.

This is called deflection.

Old 10-01-2023, 11:40 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,086,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Your continued perspective when we all bring up Biden’s failures towards the military; Afghanistan, vaccine mandates, (even on civilians), the negative effects on recruiting, DEI, is the same reply of “well Biden is better than Trump”.

Actually I approved of the withdrawal of Afghanistan, I also agree with the vaccine mandates even on civilians. I do not think either of those other two points has any effect on recruiting.

So yeah I guess I would say that I would say that Biden has been a better president than Trump ever dreamt of being. He came in at a time when Covid was rampant. Gave Trump credit for getting the vaccine going quickly. Tried to reach out across the aisle to make peace. Got some legislation passed when he could. Dealt with a disfunctional congress for this year and is still getting it done.

Old 10-01-2023, 02:33 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,295,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post

Well some of us think after January 6th that the former leader of our country is a traitor. That makes the current president better without even trying to be.

Old 10-11-2023, 06:32 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,082,602 times
Default ….and we get back on thread topic

For those with TDS, you’ll be okay on this thread.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...ht-recruiting/

Summary of fy23 army recruitment and the article admits the mark was missed but does not mention by how much. 4,600 delayed entry help to absorb the numbers by “counting” in FY23.

What’s not mentioned is the yard stick for recruiting overalll, was helped significantly that the Army end strength has plummeted 32,000 soldiers, down to 452,000. This means there are brigades being cut or have already been cut to get to this lower number.

Embedded in the recruiting message is a complete transformation, although that is hard to identify what that is in the article. One program that is a sustain is the pre-basic programs that get kids into shape in order to just go to basic training and instruction program how to improve testing scores to again, get ready for basic training.
Basically the Army is just extending basic training to 4 months, just to get recruits qualified vs training qualified recruits.

Old 10-13-2023, 06:36 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,589,976 times
Thread closed for review
Posting Guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues