Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,986,622 times

Advertisements

I once went to a Military surplus store and was looking for a Korea Unit Citation. He said that they were not allowed to sell that ribbon and did not carry it. I later went back and showed him my copy of the citation that I was awarded.

He said "where did you get this" (form). My answer was off the Internet via the VA. Had asked for an update on any awards along with the Medals that came with the ribbons. They replied that I was entitled to two extra ribbons along with the Medals.

As for the Korea ribbon got one from a neighbor who had served in south Korea not too long ago while his brother is over there now and mailed one back home for me....real nice.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:30 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,241,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
In the Navy we call those stripes at the bottom of the sleeves "hash marks". One for four years service.

when I was in the Army, those hash marks for service in the Army were 3 years for each mark.

the short bars were for combat of 6 months each.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:47 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
question; is it wrong for a non veteran to wear maybe an army t shirt or navy hat like use reagan. if they never been in, and not bragging about it
It depends.

I have a lot of unit memorabilia (tie pins, cuff links, that kind of stuff) of my father's from when he was in the Army. If I wear it (not likely, it's not my clothing style), it's okay if when asked that I say that my father was in that unit. Likewise if he wore, when he was alive, a baseball cap from a ship I was on.

Or if one is being someone's representative some place, then again, I'd say it's okay.....if they, if asked, tell what the connection is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Unless the fake is committing fraud by trying to get money or position, its none of my business........
Something like this. If someone wants me to play the cat and mouse game, interrogate someone (something I probably haven't had to do in years), then it is a job to be done. Otherwise, I have other things that demand my attention.

If one does get into the engagement and they are actually a faker, one thing to keep in mind is that it is probably a game to them, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues