Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:10 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
That press conference was.... interesting.

I think Conor is actually nervous.
I don't think he showed nervousness. The press conference came across as typical Conor to me. He tries to make things deeply personal to screw with his opponent's head. With other guys he can just clown on them and make jokes. With Khabib he tries to make more personal attacks on his character, his religion, yell at him, etc., because he knows his usual approach won't work on him.

However, I think Khabib is probably the best opponent Conor could've faced in terms of being able to resist Conor's mind games. He's a tough MF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 03:46 AM

It's almost here....it's interesting, McGregor is a master of psychological warfare, but he's going up against probably the one guy against whom it won't work.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:41 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Kabib didn't get off that bus. Fight is already over.

Lol at McGregor sayin all he does is wrap a dudes legs up and hold on for dear life.

Kabib actually said he was the "Floyd Mayweather of MMA", lol.

McGregor said, Ima tap that head off that ground.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Kabib didn't get off that bus. Fight is already over.

Lol at McGregor sayin all he does is wrap a dudes legs up and hold on for dear life.

Kabib actually said he was the "Floyd Mayweather of MMA", lol.

McGregor said, Ima tap that head off that ground.
Having a little trouble following your comment. You're making fun of both guys it seems, not sure bout your overall point though.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Having a little trouble following your comment. You're making fun of both guys it seems, not sure bout your overall point though.
I didn't say anything about McGregor, just about what he said about Kabib. McGregor said that Kabib doesn't fight like a man.

I just lol'd at Kabib saying he's the Mayweather of MMA, which I disagree with, which I think McGregor will prove.

People say McGregor is shook, but this is the same guy that went into another sport to take on a legend. That takes a lot of courage.

McGregor operated in both worlds. No way on earth Kabib would get in a boxing ring because he would be brutally knocked out in the first round. It takes a special type of person to go to both sports like that. James Toney was also crazy and talked a lot of ****.

I've never heard anyone in my life say James Toney was scared.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Pretty good break down of the fight right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-lPNuubkY

Old 10-05-2018, 07:53 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
I didn't say anything about McGregor, just about what he said about Kabib. McGregor said that Kabib doesn't fight like a man.

I just lol'd at Kabib saying he's the Mayweather of MMA, which I disagree with, which I think McGregor will prove.

People say McGregor is shook, but this is the same guy that went into another sport to take on a legend. That takes a lot of courage.

McGregor operated in both worlds. No way on earth Kabib would get in a boxing ring because he would be brutally knocked out in the first round. It takes a special type of person to go to both sports like that. James Toney was also crazy and talked a lot of ****.

I've never heard anyone in my life say James Toney was scared.
McGregor and his fan girls are scared right now.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
McGregor and his fan girls are scared right now.
Better bring back the same box of tissues you used to cry into after Mayweather destoryed McGregor.

Bring it for Kabib this time.

Kabib was SCARED of gettin off the bus.

Lol

Why didn't he get off the bus????

He on them steriods. That's it. He knows it too. McGregor gonna tap his head off that canvas.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:03 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Better bring back the same box of tissues you used to cry into after Mayweather destoryed McGregor.

Bring it for Kabib this time.

Kabib was SCARED of gettin off the bus.

Lol

Why didn't he get off the bus????

He on them steriods. That's it. He knows it too. McGregor gonna tap his head off that canvas.
Guy in the middle of a weight cut for a championship fight VS a coked out Irish guy and his crew of 20 people... Conor is too scared to confront Khabib one on one, which is why he was praying the short training camp would lead to him getting hurt or missing weight.

Khabib will smash his face onto that trash whiskey label that will be on the canvas.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Pretty good break down of the fight right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-lPNuubkY
Haha, Floyd Sr. definitely kinda likes McGregor.

Quote:
Guy in the middle of a weight cut for a championship fight VS a coked out Irish guy and his crew of 20 people... Conor is too scared to confront Khabib one on one, which is why he was praying the short training camp would lead to him getting hurt or missing weight.

Khabib will smash his face onto that trash whiskey label that will be on the canvas.
This fight could honestly go either way. I know the oddsmakers slightly favor Khabib, but they're both dangerous matchups for each other. I don't think Conor is scared, but he's well aware that this is the fight of his life. There's a reason McGregor hasn't been promoting this fight the way he has others in the past, and has basically just been letting the UFC take care of it. He's focused solely on training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)