Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 PM

160 posts, read 301,742 times

Advertisements

MTS,

I’ve got a couple of the PETA shirts you speak of. I’ve had many people whisper that they like the shirt.
I have quite a few domestic animals that I love dearly. I wouldn’t harm any of them. But I do hunt and
I like BBQ, so what’s a guy to do?

My philosophy is this. I don’t care what anybody else does as long as it doesn’t adversely effect anyone else.
My problem stems from those that feel enlightened and want to tell others what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,598,038 times
My wife wears a hat with that on it, and we were eating supper in Townsend one night when a guy came over ready for an argument when he saw that hat, until he read the rest of it and then he was great to talk to.
Turns out he was a fisherman who had been accosted and harrassed by some rightists earlier that day, so his aggression switch was still turned on high.

I look at the gun grabbers, the eco-freaks, the animal rightests ad nauseum as the new fanatics not unlike the people that burned "witches" and "werewolves" in the middle ages up into the colonial ages.
They are fanatic converts to a religion or way of thinking that is beyond reason. They are puritanically overwhelemed by their beliefs, and are sometimes willing to kill anyone that disagrees with them.

The jihadists, the ELF and ALF firebugs, EarthFirsters planting bombs or spiking trees, or the Buffalo Field Campaign using biological warfare by throwing diseased buffalo guts on Governor Racicot and other state officals, all forms of terrorism.

They have the same basic philosophy of "do it my way or die". Same reason religous cults like Jonestown exist. Some people are easily manipulated into a belief system to the point they are willing to kill or die for it.
Not so different from when the Nazi's took over Germany, or the communists took over Russia and China. You see it today in North Korea as well.
To a lesser extent, the anti smoking movement or prohibition in the early 20th century, or even the new anti obesity crowd. It seems to me people always need someone to look down on no matter if it is slaves, Jews, Indians, Smokers, Hunters, corporations, whatever, they have to have a cause that says they are better in their own mind than the people they are attacking.

There is no new thing under the sun, people are always looking for something to believe in, and sometimes it is a bad philosophy that grabs them, and new converts are usually the most fanatical.

You cannot give up resisting them because all it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,277,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post

NRA? They do good work stopping those that would destroy the Constitution and take our rights to liberty and self determination.
The NRA had absolutely nothing to do with ANY of the shootings that have happened. Those were individuals that chose to destroy lives on their own.
They are not a perfect organization, but they have the power to save our rights so yeah, I support them, and wouldn't blink an eye at any kid wearing an NRA t-shirt.

If they were wearing an obama shirt, different story...
MTSilvertip,the NRA can't save our rights. Neither can Obama or Congress or anyone else take our rights. They are inalienable, which means we have them no matter what anyone says. We are the only true defenders of our own rights, and I wish more of us understood and took the responsibility of defending them more seriously. This is in no way a slam at you, just my thoughts on the matter.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,277,403 times
Quote:
My wife wears a hat with that on it, and we were eating supper in Townsend one night when a guy came over ready for an argument when he saw that hat, until he read the rest of it and then he was great to talk to.
Turns out he was a fisherman who had been accosted and harrassed by some rightists earlier that day, so his aggression switch was still turned on high.

I look at the gun grabbers, the eco-freaks, the animal rightests ad nauseum as the new fanatics not unlike the people that burned "witches" and "werewolves" in the middle ages up into the colonial ages.
They are fanatic converts to a religion or way of thinking that is beyond reason. They are puritanically overwhelemed by their beliefs, and are sometimes willing to kill anyone that disagrees with them.

The jihadists, the ELF and ALF firebugs, EarthFirsters planting bombs or spiking trees, or the Buffalo Field Campaign using biological warfare by throwing diseased buffalo guts on Governor Racicot and other state officals, all forms of terrorism.

They have the same basic philosophy of "do it my way or die". Same reason religous cults like Jonestown exist. Some people are easily manipulated into a belief system to the point they are willing to kill or die for it.
Not so different from when the Nazi's took over Germany, or the communists took over Russia and China. You see it today in North Korea as well.
To a lesser extent, the anti smoking movement or prohibition in the early 20th century, or even the new anti obesity crowd. It seems to me people always need someone to look down on no matter if it is slaves, Jews, Indians, Smokers, Hunters, corporations, whatever, they have to have a cause that says they are better in their own mind than the people they are attacking.

There is no new thing under the sun, people are always looking for something to believe in, and sometimes it is a bad philosophy that grabs them, and new converts are usually the most fanatical.

You cannot give up resisting them because all it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
BRAVO!!! (I couldn't rep you any more.)

Old 05-04-2013, 09:35 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,950,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Congress or anyone else take our rights. They are inalienable, which means we have them no matter what anyone says. We are the only true defenders of our own rights, and I wish more of us understood and took the responsibility of defending them more seriously.
It took a lot of bloodshed and fighting for us to seize our rights and even though it is written that our rights are "inalienable" For some reason we must continually fight to keep them.
What is worse it that it's seems that it's our government that we must fight to keep our inalienable rights.

Another thing is there is really no such thing as "property ownership" unless you live in some place with no property taxes or own your own nation because soon after you stop paying property taxes your property will be taken from you.
It's almost as bad as owning a home on a rented lot.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:06 PM

374 posts, read 510,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
It took a lot of bloodshed and fighting for us to seize our rights and even though it is written that our rights are "inalienable" For some reason we must continually fight to keep them.
What is worse it that it's seems that it's our government that we must fight to keep our inalienable rights.

Another thing is there is really no such thing as "property ownership" unless you live in some place with no property taxes or own your own nation because soon after you stop paying property taxes your property will be taken from you.
It's almost as bad as owning a home on a rented lot.
1818 property taxes were started.Seems Utah avoided them until 1896.If I undersstood the site I just read,it took them close to a century to tax Utah,Montana started in 1889.

Seems like state constitutions did'nt work too good then either. Property taxes are proof you don't own your property,the state owns it.If you think you do stop paying tax and see what happens.

Right now we just got a tax hike to feed all the kids whos parents are on welfare,food stamps,wonder where the food stamps are going.

School just voted for a take home meal to go along with the 3 free meals kids get in school.4 meals a day to feed another mans kids while the woman does who knows what with all those food stamps.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times
Quote:
And if you look closely at the individuals, listen to what they say and read what they write, they don't necessarily even believe their own spew, or give a flip if you do. Rather, they're in the terrorism business for the high. They get a rush out of it.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:29 PM

510 posts, read 717,728 times
Er, sex education is the same as learning about fetishes and homosexuality?? Funny how the students that have had a sex education class are less apt to have an unwanted pregnancy. So much for "abstinence only" education; by and large it is a failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana