Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 12,388 times

Advertisements

Are there any "Messianic" Jews here in Billings?

New to Billings. Would appreciate any input even if you are Christian.

Daniel from Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,687 times
I don't live in MT, but was posting my own question and saw yours. I have no idea if either of these places are any where near Billings, but you might be able to contact them and ask if there is a Messianic Jewish community in Billings. UMJC - Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations - Congregations (http://www.umjc.net/component/option,com_memberd/catid,98/Itemid,64/ - broken link)

Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,746 times
There is a messianic group that meets in both Sheridan and Billings, they alternate their meetings every other weekend.

You can call Bethesda Church in Sheridan, WY, that is where they meet in Sheridan.

My background is Messianic and my husband's background is Southern Baptist.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 12,388 times
I received a shock today. My 5-year old nieces' teacher told her all Jews are bad.
I pray the L-RD forgive her and save her from such ignorance.

Rav Daniel

Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 AM

102 posts, read 271,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I received a shock today. My 5-year old nieces' teacher told her all Jews are bad.

Rav Daniel

How exactly does one ascertain what a teacher said to a 5 year old unless one witnesses the discussion? Leaving aside the number of parties who have 'handled" this story before you offered us up this bit of holiday cheer....

Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post

Rav Daniel
I would be careful repeating that story unless you know without a doubt what happened. I couldn't imagine a teacher, regardless of their personal beliefs, risking their job/reputation with such a comment.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
There are now 4 different groups in Billings now. One meets at the Sheridan Hotel and have a Torah midweek study and one meets at the Salvation Army the other two are under Ralph Messer out of CO one is on Central and one on Daniels. The one on Daniels is building a Synagogue but I do not know where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: