Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,065,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
Stopped by that gas station and HOLY COW...Tim Horton's was freakin' PACKED. There must have been 50 people in that store and the gas station hadn't even opened yet!!!
If the Biafores open something up, you can pretty much bet the ranch it will be a good location. They do their homework, and that organization is just amazing. Hats off to them. They just never seem to pick anything but winners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM

282 posts, read 485,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog72 View Post
A friend told me two more Tim Hortons are going to be opening in Morgantown soon. Suncrest town center, and also on High Street.
They would do great in Morgantown, a slice of Canada here in WV!. The two in Parkersburg do very good business. Personally I like their coffee quite a bit better than Dunkins, it's a little stronger. There are three Tim's in the area, the two in P'burg and one in Marietta. What they are missing, which I don't understand, is Wi-Fi.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:09 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,079,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route50guy View Post
They would do great in Morgantown, a slice of Canada here in WV!. The two in Parkersburg do very good business. Personally I like their coffee quite a bit better than Dunkins, it's a little stronger. There are three Tim's in the area, the two in P'burg and one in Marietta. What they are missing, which I don't understand, is Wi-Fi.
Even better than their coffee is the iced cappacino. It's frozen like a slurpee, very addictive.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 PM

193 posts, read 282,212 times
I stopped there yesterday and tried their coffee. It was pretty good and seemed comparable to Dunkin which I like. Better than sheetz that's for sure. Did not notice the lack of WiFi. There were some customers there but I wouldn't say it was crowded.

I'm just glad to see something that is new to Morgantown. The thought of another McDonalds or BK makes me want to bang my head off the wall. Could not believe it when I saw the new McDonalds next to the iHop at Glenmark. We don't need another Mc D's.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:32 AM

250 posts, read 332,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
I stopped there yesterday and tried their coffee. It was pretty good and seemed comparable to Dunkin which I like. Better than sheetz that's for sure. Did not notice the lack of WiFi. There were some customers there but I wouldn't say it was crowded.

I'm just glad to see something that is new to Morgantown. The thought of another McDonalds or BK makes me want to bang my head off the wall. Could not believe it when I saw the new McDonalds next to the iHop at Glenmark. We don't need another Mc D's.
I wonder if Morgantown will ever see a Krystal's or White Castle...Heck while we are at it, why not a Church's, Popeye's or..wait for it...Fatburger (or whataburger)!!!

In all seriousness - Morgantown now has:

5 McDonalds
4 Burger King
2 Taco Hell
3 Dairy Queen
3 Wendy's
5 Sheetz
1 LJS, 1 KFC, 1 Sonic, 1 Hardee's and 1 Chik-Fil-A

That isn't counting the Five-Guys of the world, etc.

I know some of that is interestate traffic but wow...does that speak to how poorly people in this state (and the US) eat. I drove past the Sabraton McD's the other day going to work and the drive thru was almost out to Route 7.

Also, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why a Chipotle hasn't popped up in Morgantown. Their buildings are small and they are doing a ton of business in the US. Anyone have a clue as to why?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 AM

193 posts, read 282,212 times
There are actually 3 taco hells in Morgantown. Westover, patteson, and pierpont.

I'd love to have In-N-Out burger. Went to one in San Diego and it was top notch.

There used to be a Fatburger at Robinson in Pittsburgh but the owner got thrown in jail for some white collar crime and it closed down. Good burgers though. Chipotles would be good. Maybe steak and shake, white castle, or any new chain really.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM

354 posts, read 506,582 times
Quote:
5 McDonalds
4 Burger King
2 Taco Hell
3 Dairy Queen
3 Wendy's
5 Sheetz
The fast food industry has its target market pegged. It's a sad state of affairs.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM

671 posts, read 1,058,823 times
Well Known Bakery Closes Down in Morgantown - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

For those of you tallying fast food joints, here's the cost of all those corporate cafes. My guess is that the nearby Dunkin' Donuts and Sheetz were too convenient for the homeboys to keep up.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:06 PM

354 posts, read 506,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Well Known Bakery Closes Down in Morgantown - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

For those of you tallying fast food joints, here's the cost of all those corporate cafes. My guess is that the nearby Dunkin' Donuts and Sheetz were too convenient for the homeboys to keep up.
FUUUUUUU! This is a HUGE loss. Rays was the only place to get a real, decent doughnut around here. Terrible news.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,065,472 times
Quote:
I wonder if Morgantown will ever see a Krystal's or White Castle...Heck while we are at it, why not a Church's, Popeye's or..wait for it...Fatburger (or whataburger)!!!

In all seriousness - Morgantown now has:

5 McDonalds
4 Burger King
2 Taco Hell
3 Dairy Queen
3 Wendy's
5 Sheetz

That isn't counting the Five-Guys of the world, etc.

I know some of that is interestate traffic but wow...does that speak to how poorly people in this state (and the US) eat. I drove past the Sabraton McD's the other day going to work and the drive thru was almost out to Route 7.

Also, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why a Chipotle hasn't popped up in Morgantown. Their buildings are small and they are doing a ton of business in the US. Anyone have a clue as to why?
I can certainly relate to your concerns about the quality of fast food, but don't forget half the people living here are under 23 years of age. They are going to have their fast food one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown