Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:36 AM

179 posts, read 5,272,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
:hold both MMC's and Apryl's hand during this time of
love and transition... just thanking love for their being
such a thing call love:
...feels Mr. MMC's and Jim/RFSilver's strength increase
my own... clasps tightly my Idol's gift and our flag...
heart clings to love's blessings and all the joy, beauty, and
inspiration MJ gave the world...

Quote:
We Love You MJ! LOVE MJ! Forever Brother!
...voice cracks as shout rises with Jim's...

The Jacksons Variety Show 1977 "Never Can Say Goodbye"

YouTube - The Jacksons Variety Show 1977 "Never Can Say Goodbye"

Quote:
... I'm not gonna take nothing for granted.
...squeezes Jim's hand as misty eyes meet his... hugs him
while nodding in complete agreement... heart floods with
gratitude for my Idol and my pretend pretend boyfriend
and all of our family's experiences together...

Last edited by Apryl7; 07-08-2009 at 04:54 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 AM

42 posts, read 87,472 times
Still reeling ova the sudden loss of MJ - feels like i lost a close friend or family member

YouTube - nothing compares

Old 07-08-2009, 05:45 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,467,571 times
Smile Survivor - "I Can't Hold Back"

This song means many different things to different people. However, for those who are really struggling losing Michael Jackson, such as Apryl and "Jim," AKA RF Silver, Alexus and several others newer to our community, who have posted here and in Vol. I of this thread about Michael Jackson, I'm asking you to listen to it differently this time. Some of the lyrics may be comforting to some of you right now.

If not, I still hope you heal a little more each day and realize how blessed each of you who have shared your thoughts/feelings with us are. Emotional honesty, being willing to admit that adults can and should cry at times, asking for the help of others and conveying messages either by writing them or selecting messages with the songs selected, have told us of your strengths.

Good will come out of Michael Jackson's death. I know it's hard to believe that when it feels like a part of your world has collapsed. Lean on those of us who have been through similar experiences and lean on each other. I'm impressed how much support we've seen in Vol. I from some of those hurting the most. Grieving people have also reached out to give to each other and others who read this thread. Grieving people have been emotionally honest and perhaps gotten in touch with deeper feelings/beliefs than they have had for several years. How can any of these actions be seen as bad? Or maybe I should say I see the positives those who have posted in this forum have chosen to focus on, including helping their fellow humans who have also been hurting.

Truly, we do have to help each other in life for any of us to survive the tragedies, the things that aren't fair, the people who hurt us and other experiences we have, for us to come out stronger people, who still are able to love and trust others. If we don't help each other, some people won't survive losing Michael Jackson, or dealing with other struggles in their lives.

I believe it isn't by coincidence that certain people found this thread (Vol. I) when they did and have been there for each other through the days since Michael Jackson died. It has been my experience that there are helpers for us to help us through the rough spots in our lives, if we will look, see who is offering to help in various ways and if we are wise enough to take the help offered and given to us.

YouTube - Survivor: I Can't Hold Back

"And I feel the hand of fate
Reaching out to both of us
I've been holding back the night
I've been searching for a clue from you
I'm gonna try with all my might
To make this story line come true"

From Survivor's "I Can't Hold Back."

I hope today is a bit easier for those whose hearts are aching so much right now, regardless of the reason. Take good care of your emotional/spiritual self and take good care of those in your life that matter to you. I don't know how, but I do know when we do things to help someone else or befriend or help a stranger in anyway, somehow we benefit ourselves.

Make it a memorable Wednesday for yourself, knowing what you did for yourself and what you did for at least one other person.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 07-08-2009 at 06:13 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 AM

...awakens holding Idol's gift and our flag in hand...
soft gaze upon Mr. MMC and Jim/RFSilver sleeping...
sun peeks through as Mr. MMC's and Jim's birds chirp,
morning's symphony...

YouTube - [森林] 疲れている貴方を癒㠗て見る

prepares breakfast... smiles to self as I think of
my pretend pretend boyfriend joyfully eating
his meal...

...hum softly as I prepare and pack his lunch...
play the Super Bowl for us...

YouTube - Michael Jackson ist tot - eine seiner besten Performances zum Erinnern an den King of Pop. RIP 1/2

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,113,635 times
early Who

YouTube - The Who - "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere"(Ready Steady Go 1965)

Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Default Angela Bofill - Under The Moon And Over The Stars

...whispers softly, hoping the wind carries heart's
feelings to my Idol in distant lands...

Mr. MMC, how you are missed! ...may the heavens
keep you safe and well... and the beauty of this song
reach and uplift your heart....

Angela Bofill-Under the Moon and Over the Stars (1978)

YouTube - Angela Bofill-Under the Moon and Over the Stars (1978)

Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,401,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Thanks Natalay!

I like this version:

YouTube - Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves A Woman

When a Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge
I love that version too. I love Percy Sledge. MJ's death has me listening to the music of my childhood (and some before my time) I heard one radio DJ say his death marked the beginning of the end of all great music because all the artists now are so mediocre. My heart aches to think that my best musical days are behind me I know there'll never be another MJ, or even Luther Vandross but is it too much to ask for a song that makes you feel something ? Excitement, sadness, joy, nostalgia...anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOXCx2WquE

Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,401,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieLoverFriend View Post
Still reeling ova the sudden loss of MJ - feels like i lost a close friend or family member

YouTube - nothing compares
Sorry about the back-to-back posting, I forgot to multi-quote. I loved this song when I was younger, this is the perfect example of a song making you feel an emotion. It's funny - I just saw this on Vh1; they were debating whether it was sadder than Eric Clapton's song after his son died.

YouTube - Eric Clapton/Tears in heaven

Old 07-09-2009, 01:52 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,108,918 times
Default Give Yourself to Love

:::tenderly arranges items on low table.... a smooth
green rock, blue vase with unique fragrant orchid...
creamy white with a flushed center...

looks up as if Sir has entered the room... smiling
hops up... this one had best be getting to the baking ..
..swiftly steps to the kitchen... heart sings....

... all cookies ready... stepping to main sitting room...
nods as decides to rest right here... ::: pulls amber shawl
round shoulders... leans back in soft pillows...

Give Yourself to Love - small potatoes

YouTube - Give yourself to love small potatoes

I always knew I'd find you
but I never knew how...

give yourself to love
if love is what you're after...

La Danse De L'Amour - Burn the floor

YouTube - La Danse De L'Amour - Burn the floor

::: the meadows calling ... the dance continues....

rare

Last edited by RareWonder; 07-09-2009 at 02:21 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
...for those who are really struggling losing Michael Jackson ...

...I still hope you heal a little more each day and realize how blessed each of you who have shared your thoughts/feelings with us are.

...Truly, we do have to help each other in life for any of us to survive the tragedies, the things that aren't fair, the people who hurt us and other experiences we have, for us to come out stronger people...

Thank you, MSR, for your sincere words, they are appreciated... I guess it's no secret how myself and RFSilver have felt since hearing the news about MJ's passing (well documented in w/feeling part 1).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music