Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 8,729 times

Advertisements

Run .... don't walk ..... RUN!!!! from this place. I am not kidding. This place is wrong in so many ways. And the scary thing is how the members can't see it.

P.S. Just because the people seem so nice, doesn't mean it can't be a cult. Most cults are full of nice, unknowing, misled people.

I am serious when I say run!!

Last edited by RNF52; 02-28-2011 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 07:28 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,339,591 times
LOL @ this thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is spooked by that church.

When I see pictures of the founder, the first word that comes to mind is "vain."

Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 AM

54 posts, read 139,795 times
Oh my, I had no idea. I always wondered why they never have any welcoming signage or anything like Felllowship Bible or Brentwood Baptist. I thought they seemed weird and shut in without having ever been there or known anyone else that's been there.

It's a shame. That's such a beautiful building. I tease my husband all the time when we're driving by that I'm going to have my next wedding there, and the reception on the roof.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,047 times
Default cultwarrior2012

Unfortunately, I drank the Kool-Aid once again. I left the church for 3 years after I divorced my wife on the advice of "the leadership". My wife was not losing weight fast enough for the church therefore she was gluttonous, greedy and doomed to hell. Have any of you seen Gwen Shamblin's husband? The poor man tips the scales at 375 to 400 lbs. Hello Gwen before you condemn others why do you take a look at your own house?
I was weak and financially devastated when I submitted to the mind control antics of Remnant for a 2nd time approximately 10 months ago. I am a middle age man who now lives with a church family and has a curfew. I am told that I "must be pure" should I meet a woman in whom I am interested. The "pure" rule means that you must be married to have intercourse or be ostracized from the church. The rule applies to males and females from 17 to 90. Yet many people know a particular woman who attends the church who engages in what most would consider deviant behavior, but the church is okay with this because she does not have intercourse. I pray I am strong enough get away from this insanity. Please pray for me.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 PM

369 posts, read 942,863 times
All that evil needs to gain traction is for good men and women to remain silent.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultwarrior2012 View Post
Unfortunately, I drank the Kool-Aid once again. I left the church for 3 years after I divorced my wife on the advice of "the leadership". My wife was not losing weight fast enough for the church therefore she was gluttonous, greedy and doomed to hell. Have any of you seen Gwen Shamblin's husband? The poor man tips the scales at 375 to 400 lbs. Hello Gwen before you condemn others why do you take a look at your own house?
I was weak and financially devastated when I submitted to the mind control antics of Remnant for a 2nd time approximately 10 months ago. I am a middle age man who now lives with a church family and has a curfew. I am told that I "must be pure" should I meet a woman in whom I am interested. The "pure" rule means that you must be married to have intercourse or be ostracized from the church. The rule applies to males and females from 17 to 90. Yet many people know a particular woman who attends the church who engages in what most would consider deviant behavior, but the church is okay with this because she does not have intercourse. I pray I am strong enough get away from this insanity. Please pray for me.
Do you have children?

Are you afraid of "correction"?

Old 07-29-2012, 05:00 AM

1 posts, read 7,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiabrains View Post
Yes indeed it is a cult. I have eight years experience with this nonsense as my wife joined it in 2002. People over-weight in the slightest are greedy and doomed to hell. If your friend doesn't move to TN, then she will be making at least three trips to Brentwood every year. Next, you'll notice that she won't even step foot in another church as that might be an endorsement of all the other "counterfeit churches". Finally, if she is overweight at this time and doesn't manage to lose the weight that is expected, she will be guilted into thinking she isn't worthy of God's salvation.
If she has already met Gwen then I'm sure she was charmed since the lavish style in Brentwood is very attractive. If indeed your friend has already met Gwen and still has that amazed look in her eye, then it may be too late to reach her. They are told to NOT talk to "mockers". Try to keep her away if you can, but if she's already chasing the carrot, then you might just have to let her say goodbye.
Originally Posted by chiabrains [URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/nashville/1161113-remnant-fellowship-church.html#post17163267"]https://pics3.city-data.com/trn.gif[/URL]
Yes indeed it is a cult. I have eight years experience with this nonsense as my wife joined it in 2002. People over-weight in the slightest are greedy and doomed to hell. If your friend doesn't move to TN, then she will be making at least three trips to Brentwood every year. Next, you'll notice that she won't even step foot in another church as that might be an endorsement of all the other "counterfeit churches". Finally, if she is overweight at this time and doesn't manage to lose the weight that is expected, she will be guilted into thinking she isn't worthy of God's salvation.
If she has already met Gwen then I'm sure she was charmed since the lavish style in Brentwood is very attractive. If indeed your friend has already met Gwen and still has that amazed look in her eye, then it may be too late to reach her. They are told to NOT talk to "mockers". Try to keep her away if you can, but if she's already chasing the carrot, then you might just have to let her say goodbye.

You are absolutely right, it is a cult. When I met my fiancee 2 1/2 years ago, he appeared to be a wonderful Christian man and for the 1st 2 years he was. (He had stopped attending RF in 2008, we met in 2010). I thought God had answered my prayers and had sent me the loving Christian man that I had prayed for all of my life. However when I asked my fiancee to go to church with me, he told me that the ONLY church he would ever attend was RF. Unbeknownst to me he started to attend RF again in late 2011, that's when he started to change from the loving man I knew, to a verbally abusive man. I had never heard of RF, so when my fiancee told me that in order to get married I must attend RF, I agreed. I had hoped that by attending RF we could draw closer in our relationship to God and each other. I could not have been more wrong. My fiancee became erratic, abusive, and seems to be in a constant state of rage. I do not recognize the man I love and thought I knew. I can no longer have a conversation with him. The group dictates everything in his life, down to where he lives. He will no longer make even the simplest of decisions without the direction of the church. When my elderly mother, who did not live in the area, became ill, I was instructed not to go see her. I was told that if she should pass I would "have to get permission from leadership to attend her funeral". The reason: my mother was not a member of RF and by attending her funeral I might "get corrupted by a counterfeit church". My fiancee and I are no longer together and it breaks my heart. Can anyone offer any advice? Have I lost him forever to RF? I still love him and am truly concerned about his well-being. I no longer attend RF.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:56 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,985 times
Geeeezz! I'm sitting here reading all of this and I'm just in shock. I can't believe that all this stuff is going on over there. Very scary. reminant from remnant....I'm sorry for your fiance...but I don't think anything's going to change unless he decides to change it. If he would let your relationship go just for "that place"...I don't think you could do anything other than maybe pray for him. For your own well being...I would stay away from him and that place.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminant from remnant View Post
Originally Posted by chiabrains
[i]

Have I lost him forever to RF? I still love him and am truly concerned about his well-being. I no longer attend RF.
Honestly, your relationship with this man should be the least of your worries.

Even though it hurts to be without him, you should go back and read the stuff you just wrote about what he is like TODAY.

Do not subject yourself to that any longer.

If you have any family to go to, go to them. Move away, and cut all ties with anyone associated with Remnant. Don't believe any of the stuff your fiancee says about you or your fate on earth or in heaven. It's all made up by Gwen Shamblin. The stuff they believe is NOT Christian.

Read the essay at the link:My Testimony: An Ex-Member of Remnant Fellowship Speaks

It's just ONE personal testimony on the SpiritWatch website of people who have gotten away from this cult. See if any of it sounds familiar to you, then start taking care of yourself.

An abusive man is in no way better than no man.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:34 PM

701 posts, read 2,031,413 times
My sister's husband left her and their [at the time] 6 month old daughter (first child) for a cult that required communal living and strict, conservative rules. It's the 12 Tribes cult, but looking at this Remnant church stuff, it's all one and the same at the end of the day... It's been sad to see the life sucked right out of him, but he's convinced he's doing the right thing.

I'd strongly advise your friend to reconsider if this church has reputation of being a cult or being cult-like... It's sad how susceptible people can be to this BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville