Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2022, 04:33 PM

146 posts, read 154,209 times

Advertisements

Looking at this area pretty hard and areas named in title for the family move, Station Camp schools for mid and high with JA elementary.

I would love to hear thoughts on the area as a whole, and really what does one give up being further out if they don’t commute for work besides shopping? I believe Costco is planned for Hendersonville which would be awesome….Is Gallatin in general a clean, safe, enjoyable downtown and shopping area? Is it a quiet, overcrowded, or busy feel or about right?

Thanks,
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 06:08 PM

25 posts, read 37,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
Looking at this area pretty hard and areas named in title for the family move, Station Camp schools for mid and high with JA elementary.

I would love to hear thoughts on the area as a whole, and really what does one give up being further out if they don’t commute for work besides shopping? I believe Costco is planned for Hendersonville which would be awesome….Is Gallatin in general a clean, safe, enjoyable downtown and shopping area? Is it a quiet, overcrowded, or busy feel or about right?

Thanks,
Downtown Gallatin is quite nice for families to hang out in. You can spend a Saturday afternoon shopping up there. Fairview Plantation and Foxland Harbor are probably pretty pricey but are very beautiful areas next to the water.

Only downside would be it's a bit of a drive to airport or downtown Nashville.

Old 03-29-2022, 11:00 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,795 times
I concur, it's a nice downtown quaint area. There are several festivals throughout the year as well.

Overall, Gallatin is really growing. Traffic inside the city isn't really bad, but certainly has gotten more congested. The area that you're looking in still has lots of room for commercial growth. There is also a new school cluster set to start up next year called Liberty Creek. I think Fairview and Foxland will still be zoned for Station Camp but you may want to make 100% sure if you're dead-set on Station Camp.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:18 PM

57 posts, read 67,080 times
They will still be Station Camp. Most of what will be zoned for Liberty Creek is on the opposite side of Long Hollow. Also, in terms of amenities, shopping, restaurants, etc these neighborhoods are just as accessible to Indian Lake, if not more so.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:33 PM

Thank you for all info. We keep hearing its less expensive because of less amenities, can get a lot more house for the money though and if I’m just giving up some shopping I am perfectly fine with that! Just want to make sure it’s not a mistake, don’t want to move twice but people sure pay a lot to live in Williamson County…

Old 03-29-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Thank you for all info. We keep hearing its less expensive because of less amenities, can get a lot more house for the money though and if I’m just giving up some shopping I am perfectly fine with that! Just want to make sure it’s not a mistake, don’t want to move twice but people sure pay a lot to live in Williamson County…
Living in Sumner Co. Or Wilson Co. Is not a mistake. The prices in Williamson County and Mt. Juliet have become laughable. Parts of Gallatin are very nice and rival Williamson County, especially around the Foxland Harbor/Fairvue Plantation area.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:15 PM

Excellent thanks again. Good to know, appreciated your perspective.

Old 03-30-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Excellent thanks again. Good to know, appreciated your perspective.
No problem. It's reached really dumb levels in Mt. Juliet. I checked realtracs and saw just five houses on the market under 500k this morning and nearly 1/4 of all inventory is over 1,000,000 and up.

I just don't understand it. Mt. Juliet was middle class 10 years ago. I feel bad for families starting out. They are being pushed to Lebanon and Watertown but work in Nashville. I see this all the time at the church I attend. Any decent new house seems like its almost always starts at 500k-600k and above now. It's frustrating. I have zero desire to live in Lebanon so I guess I'll just hope to wait it out.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:03 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,673,816 times
I live in Hendersonville, but most of my circle of friends lives in Foxland Harbor. When we moved here a year ago, I met one woman who lives in Foxland, and thankfully she "took me under her wing" so I have met many other people who live there. I swear it is the friendliest neighborhood on the planet! There are a lot of people there who get together frequently for social events. In fact I was at a dinner party there just last night and everyone was telling us we should move there! It's tempting!

Overall I have found Gallatin and Hendersonville (and many other Nashville suburbs) to be very nice. I'm glad we ended up here.

Old 04-02-2022, 10:48 PM

Well...the house situation in Gallatin didn't work out, but we ended up finding one in College Grove. House Hunt complete...sure as heck wasn't cheap....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville