Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 77,642 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!
My husband is contemplating a career move that would require us to move towards Wayne, NJ. We currently live in Deptford (S Jersey). I was wondering if anyone might reccomend where might be nice for us. We are a young family. We love the outdoors. I am clueless about North Jersey!!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2006, 12:59 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
Wayne is a really nice town. I would suggest living in Wayne if you can afford to. If the houses in Wayne are too pricey for you, there are still some bargains to be found in the surrounding towns. Take a look at Little Falls, Clifton, Totowa, West Patterson, and Fairfield.

If those towns are still too much then you are probably going to want to look at the towns farther west. Houses tend to be cheaper out by Rockaway (stay away from Dover though unless you speak Spanish). The commute from this area is going to be a pain though. 80 going west at night during rush hour always gets clogged up by Denville. So that will add a good ammount of time to your commute.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:20 AM

5 posts, read 77,642 times
Ok thanks for the advice!!!!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:41 AM

11 posts, read 43,650 times
Default Wayne

There are some flood prone areas too. So be careful where you chose.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
Yeah thats definitely true. Parts of Wayne, Peuquannock, and some of the surrounding towns are prone to flooding. So if you see a house that seems extrelemy way to cheap, be sure to check that out.

I might add though that I don't think they have had any flooding in a couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHands View Post
There are some flood prone areas too. So be careful where you chose.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:58 PM

109 posts, read 477,750 times
Wayne is a good choice, Pompton Plains has a smaller town feel. Kinnelon, and totowa are nice too. Not too far from Wayne is Verona and Cedar Grove also very nice towns and better taxes I think.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:50 PM

37 posts, read 173,766 times
Default Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!

I moved up here from Mullica Hill. Have regreted it ever since!!!!!!! Trust me, the money IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deptford is a nice town, nice people, you have the mall right there..............PLEASE........DON'T make the same mistake I did! Think about it seriously. I can seriously guantaree you WILL regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:50 AM

196 posts, read 768,153 times
Like it has been said Wayne is a family friendly town to live in but the housing is high. The flood prone areas to my knowledge are in the Mt.View section which is old Wayne. Years back this was a farming community. As of now we have only one farm left and 12 acres of that has been sold for open space. If you don't mind driving your children to activities it would be a good choice. Pompton Plains is fine. I would stay away from Clifton, Totowa, Paterson even W. Paterson. If money is no object try Ridgewood and Wyckoff.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Admit I'm an ass!

Please disregard my message from last night! Yes! I had too many beers. Wayne is actually a pretty nice town! You have Willowbrook Mall right there. Just watch out for the flood zones - the realtors actually HAVE to tell you that! I think I was just missing home!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Wow! I have to confess - I'm really worried!

Please, is there any way that you can check into living up here for 3-6 months without making it permanent??? Yes, Wayne is a nice town - but.....have you always lived in Deptford? This makes me nervous (being from South Harrison Twnship myself) How actually young are you? I'll admit...............I'm afraid for you all. All I'm gonna say - is PLEASE - be carefull!!!!!!! Check into EVERYTHING!! before moving here!!!!!!!! AW, HELL, PLEASE...........DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to have to be the one to tell you............you WON'T be happy!!!!!!!! God Bless!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey