Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:24 AM

7,352 posts, read 3,522,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

In reality, the project was originally envisioned and planned in 2004 by The Mills Corporation, which was based in Maryland.
After many fits, false starts, and the bankruptcy of Mills Corp, ownership of the property passed to Colony Capital, from Florida.
Colony Capital couldn't see the project through to fruition, and it was bought by Triple Five, of Canada, which--for better or worse--finished construction and has proceeded to open their huge facility... in stages.
Actually it was conceived before then by hartz mountain in the late 90s. A Secaucus New Jersey company

On New Jersey state land and funded partially but significantly by New Jersey bonds and wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for New Jersey politicians getting deeply involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 06:16 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,839,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That would be an insane drive for a job like that. Heck, it's an insane drive for any job.
I might be *slowly* starting to realize this.

When I was at MSG, I spent more time on the train than working.

I now have a half hour comute at most, soon to maybe be 10 or 15 minutes..

Old 07-08-2021, 06:17 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,839,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Actually it was conceived before then by hartz mountain in the late 90s. A Secaucus New Jersey company

On New Jersey state land and funded partially but significantly by New Jersey bonds and wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for New Jersey politicians getting deeply involved.
Exactly.

Very ha-ppy someone is not DELUSIONAL with the PRO NJ BS. Your response was great, and re-affirms mine.

Entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts.. RETRIEVER

Old 07-08-2021, 08:38 AM

54 posts, read 90,825 times
I've been skiing at Big Snow a few times. Great fun to do on a hot day.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:40 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post

However, NJ-based Hartz didn't move ahead with the project (which might indicate some wisdom on their part) and its actual planning and construction were done by the out-of-state entities that I mentioned.

And, if we are going to include the fact that "NJ politicians" were deeply involved, it would be good to be much more specific. Two tranches of bonds were issued by NJ, in 2013 and 2017, to allow construction to be completed. The Governor who was "deeply involved" in this effort was none other than Chris Christie.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:43 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,634,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Perhaps if they an entire wing they cant fill with tenants, they ought to tear down the walls, and use as a convention center.
Another meadowlands convention center?

Old 07-08-2021, 08:45 AM

A "luxury wing" and giant Ferris wheel set to open in September

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2021/07/am...ris-wheel.html

Old 07-08-2021, 12:05 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,936,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Another meadowlands convention center?
I did not know there was already a convention center. Is this just the Izod Center itself? That thing is a stadium, cant use it for conventions. It will look ridiculous.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I did not know there was already a convention center. Is this just the Izod Center itself? That thing is a stadium, cant use it for conventions. It will look ridiculous.

Not the izod center. This: https://mecexpo.com/

Old 07-08-2021, 02:25 PM

7,352 posts, read 3,522,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
However, NJ-based Hartz didn't move ahead with the project (which might indicate some wisdom on their part) and its actual planning and construction were done by the out-of-state entities that I mentioned.

And, if we are going to include the fact that "NJ politicians" were deeply involved, it would be good to be much more specific. Two tranches of bonds were issued by NJ, in 2013 and 2017, to allow construction to be completed. The Governor who was "deeply involved" in this effort was none other than Chris Christie.

So many things happened with this project involving many levels of state and local governments like the borough of East Rutherford Secaucus New Jersey sports and exposition authority, so forth. I was very involved in this project actually and New Jersey was quite involved in it I even have the original hartz mountain drawings and renderings in my possession. I'm too lazy to dig up everything honest since this was such an enormous project for the meadowlands region and it was constantly in the news. I know you don't want to admit it but this project was very New Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey