Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 07:29 AM

10,475 posts, read 6,991,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
I just checked and see 16 MVC locations across the state with available date of tomorrow for title & registration appointment, so availability does not seem to be an issue currently. And I see this repeating concern about DMV asking for documentation, but for some reason I've never had the misfortune of not having what they asked for. I usually carry more documents than they ask for, you know just in case, and that always seems to work.
When this thread was created ~2 months ago there were literally no appointments available for weeks. Seems like there are openings now, enough people probably complained (however you cannot make appointments on the day on).

Additionally the DMV cutback on hours. There hours of operation are done before 4pm and had a night or two a week where you could go there in the evening hours. Most people with a job that is 9-5 (more like 8-6) cannot go to the DMV. As the other poster stated, for some reason they got rid of titles and you can only go to certain DMV's. For example I live near Morristown/Parsippany which is one populace parts of the state, and the closest DMV is 1.5 hour round trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 07:41 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
I was in and out in minutes several days ago, They prob had less than 10 customers in at the time mid afternoon.

Old 01-26-2023, 01:06 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,343,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Now to some gripe. I received my Real ID yesterday. It has the same expiry date as my previous DL, which is later this year. Defies common sense. When they are issuing a new ID, why not just renew the expiry date as well? A waste of my time later this year to renew it, a waste of DMV resources to process it, and a waste of plastic to print new IDs. Why?!?
Yeah, that's just dumb....they should have offered a renewal when you got the real ID

Old 01-26-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
That would just be common sense. Have to remember the people who run these agencies dont earn the right to be there, but are given it. E.g some developer donates $10 million to Murphy political campaign and as an additional favor asked to have their nephew to run the DMV.
Murphy's friend is running it but he's not the clerk who is doing the actual job.

Old 01-26-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
When this thread was created ~2 months ago there were literally no appointments available for weeks. Seems like there are openings now, enough people probably complained (however you cannot make appointments on the day on).

Additionally the DMV cutback on hours. There hours of operation are done before 4pm and had a night or two a week where you could go there in the evening hours. Most people with a job that is 9-5 (more like 8-6) cannot go to the DMV. As the other poster stated, for some reason they got rid of titles and you can only go to certain DMV's. For example I live near Morristown/Parsippany which is one populace parts of the state, and the closest DMV is 1.5 hour round trip.
They used to have one late night. The governor took that away.

Old 01-26-2023, 01:12 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Quote:

Is the DMV in Randolph on Canfield Road still around? I used to use that one all the time.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Is the DMV in Randolph on Canfield Road still around? I used to use that one all the time.
That's the one I use, and its supposed to be there largest center. I don't know what they do there because I was told you can't do registration when I went, and they said I couldn't do my title there either.

Old 01-26-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
That's the one I use, and its supposed to be there largest center. I don't know what they do there because I was told you can't do registration when I went, and they said I couldn't do my title there either.
That means they must be a licensing center. Half of dmvs are license centers, half do vehicle work.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
That means they must be a licensing center. Half of dmvs are license centers, half do vehicle work.
Goes into question, why I cannot get a Real ID license appointment until end of March? License renewals can be done through mail.

Old 01-27-2023, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Goes into question, why I cannot get a Real ID license appointment until end of March? License renewals can be done through mail.
Guessing they don't have enough of those types of appointments. And you can only do a regular renewal through mail IF you aren't due for new photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey