Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 12:41 PM

45,350 posts, read 60,534,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Exactly. One can see someone in DC or even at a state level being targeted for politics, but somebody on a borough council? It just doesn't make sense. I'm with you on the DV or something else related to her personal life.

If the stakes are high enough? Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2023, 01:39 PM

88,557 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If the stakes are high enough? Yes.
Perhaps, but give me a scenario wherein it could make that huge a difference whether a Democrat or Republican got elected by one percentage point in a smallish suburban town that the local Democrats risk prison by offing her in a hail of bullets.

Perhaps it's because I am not so enthralled with and believe so strongly in the nobility of one party and the evil of the other as some of you, but I just cannot see it.

The claim is that she was murdered by Democrats because she is a Republican who won a seat previously held by a Democrat. If that was the common practice of Democrats, as is being inferred, wouldn't there be a lot more murders in bigger and more significant places?

Old 02-05-2023, 03:14 PM

45,350 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Perhaps, but give me a scenario wherein it could make that huge a difference whether a Democrat or Republican got elected by one percentage point in a smallish suburban town that the local Democrats risk prison by offing her in a hail of bullets.

Perhaps it's because I am not so enthralled with and believe so strongly in the nobility of one party and the evil of the other as some of you, but I just cannot see it.

The claim is that she was murdered by Democrats because she is a Republican who won a seat previously held by a Democrat. If that was the common practice of Democrats, as is being inferred, wouldn't there be a lot more murders in bigger and more significant places?
Has nothing to do with party but what an official opposes or supports.

I had vehicles vandalized, personal threats, my wife and children threatened, my kids harassed at school and an attempt to plant drugs in one of my vehicles over the years.

Most of those were related to various development proposals, and one instance of official corruption by another official.

Old 02-05-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Has nothing to do with party but what an official opposes or supports.

I had vehicles vandalized, personal threats, my wife and children threatened, my kids harassed at school and an attempt to plant drugs in one of my vehicles over the years.

Most of those were related to various development proposals, and one instance of official corruption by another official.
When a person's position infringes upon another's greed, yes, there can definitely be danger. I am sorry you experienced that. Geez.

That's an entirely different scenario from claiming one party would kill a councilperson for being elected from the opposing party, though.

Old 02-05-2023, 04:21 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,839,475 times
This is a horrible thing. She was ambushed.

So. Yeah. Targeted...

By whom? Why?

Old 02-05-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
This is a horrible thing. She was ambushed.

So. Yeah. Targeted...

By whom? Why?
That is the question I believe the investigators are asking.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:13 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,634,568 times
Quote:

Listen, if we’re just guessing, I’m with you guys. It’s likely somebody she knows. But it could also just be a crazy person. And you can’t reason with crazy, so I also wouldn’t be surprised if she had a crazy neighbor who is fanatic about politics. Crazier things have happened.

Old 02-05-2023, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Listen, if we’re just guessing, I’m with you guys. It’s likely somebody she knows. But it could also just be a crazy person. And you can’t reason with crazy, so I also wouldn’t be surprised if she had a crazy neighbor who is fanatic about politics. Crazier things have happened.
A crazy person is always a possibility, I agree!

Old 02-05-2023, 09:24 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,933,220 times
Quote:
A crazy person is always a possibility, I agree!
Like the nutjob who killed the federal judge's son and severely wounded her husband in their North Brunswick home.

Old 02-06-2023, 10:56 AM

50,739 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
if you hadn't noticed, the southern border has been overrun and includes a million gotaways, many found to be terrorists, many conscripted gang members. How easy would it be to recruit a non entity and pay them well to do whatever is required???????

This shooting not consistent with our area.

Spouse is always worth a first look if there is a spouse. Recall the NFL player for the Carolina panthers got 18-25 for a drive by shooting of his pregnant girlfriend.

we will have to wait to find out the details. Uneasy that the type of person who could outright kill someone, is in our midst.
You can actually find that "help" online now, and fairly cheaply. I can't recall what show it was that they tested it, but the person put out a call for people to do a job that involved hurting someone, and offered only a couple hundred dollars, and had multiple replies within 15 minutes. It's pretty scary. I can't remember the website used, either. On the dark web, there are many people who advertise their services in this area.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/featu...dea-story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey