Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 06:28 AM

3,431 posts, read 1,862,539 times

Advertisements

Listening to NJ 101.5 and Bill Spadea talking about the roads.. and corruption. Now we have some fervent NJ supporters in here.. what say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 06:37 AM

10,565 posts, read 7,101,262 times
The roads have long been corrupt. NJ pays something like 10x (don't quote me though) the national average, per mile.

Old 02-15-2023, 01:14 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,035,845 times
NJ roads are paved way more efficiently than NY’s, I can say that. I’ve seen two major roads in my town completely stripped, repaved, and painted in mere days where in NYC these jobs would have taken MONTHS from start to finish.

If corruption is causing this difference, I’m all for it. Here my tax dollars are at least showing some return.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-15-2023, 01:23 PM

12,200 posts, read 8,103,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
NJ roads are paved way more efficiently than NY’s, I can say that. I’ve seen two major roads in my town completely stripped, repaved, and painted in mere days where in NYC these jobs would have taken MONTHS from start to finish.

If corruption is causing this difference, I’m all for it. Here my tax dollars are at least showing some return.
This ^ I think NJ is as efficient as it could get for the age of these roads.

Old 02-15-2023, 01:26 PM

19,166 posts, read 25,424,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
This ^ I think NJ is as efficient as it could get for the age and the heavy usage of these roads.
There, I fixed it for you.

Old 02-15-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
in NYC these jobs would have taken MONTHS from start to finish.
And, let's not forget that many of those newly-paved streets in NYC are promptly ripped-up for a long-planned Con Ed or Water Department construction project. I lost count over the years of how many times I saw that type of situation in NYC, where--within days of repaving--the street was torn-up.

Old 02-15-2023, 01:44 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,035,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
And, let's not forget that many of those newly-paved streets in NYC are promptly ripped-up for a long-planned Con Ed or Water Department construction project. I lost count over the years of how many times I saw that type of situation in NYC, where--within days of repaving--the street was torn-up.
Yup, necessitating constant shoddy repairs because the new holes cause failure points that a newly paved street should not have.

There’s plenty to complain anywhere, but overall quality of life in NJ is fantastic for anyone who isn’t downright poor.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-15-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Yup, necessitating constant shoddy repairs because the new holes cause failure points that a newly paved street should not have.

There’s plenty to complain anywhere, but overall quality of life in NJ is fantastic for anyone who isn’t downright poor...
... or for a few denizens of this forum who are bound and determined to tell us--every day--that life in NJ is absolutely awful, and that every other state is superior in every way--even when that mantra runs counter to reality. Essentially, all those folks are accomplishing is to repeatedly reveal that they are--at heart--simply unhappy people.

Old 02-15-2023, 02:20 PM

23,615 posts, read 17,303,114 times
Aside from shoddy construction the design of a many intersections and circles are beyond belief wrecks waiting to happen. somerville circle creates an optical illusion for cars attempting to negotiate the circle

the flemington circles is as poor a design as possible and still be considered a circle.

the entrance from 202/206 N to 22 E is a design disaster.

287 entrance from crowsmill rd to 287 W/N is a life defining act of bravery

Salt, anyone want some salt , we have plenty to spare this year to destroy the roads and poison the rivers.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:08 PM

88,763 posts, read 85,140,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Aside from shoddy construction the design of a many intersections and circles are beyond belief wrecks waiting to happen. somerville circle creates an optical illusion for cars attempting to negotiate the circle

the flemington circles is as poor a design as possible and still be considered a circle.

the entrance from 202/206 N to 22 E is a design disaster.

287 entrance from crowsmill rd to 287 W/N is a life defining act of bravery

Salt, anyone want some salt , we have plenty to spare this year to destroy the roads and poison the rivers.
You always bring a ray of sunshine into the room!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey