Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 08:19 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Control the border and stop illegal immigration already.

It’s ridiculous Texas is shipping illegal immigrants up here though. You would think aiding and abetting illegal immigrants would be a crime, not a state policy.
And isn't the very nature of being a sanctuary state, "aiding and abetting illegal immigrants"?

That is the whole purpose, right?

Crazy world we are living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 08:33 AM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
There's a labor shortage, right ?
Send them to those parts of the US that needs people.
The “labor shortage” could mostly be solved by increased wages. That’s how the market is supposed to work, not by importing enough cheap labor so that a company can be guaranteed to get employees at the cost they desire

Old 01-05-2024, 08:34 AM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
And isn't the very nature of being a sanctuary state, "aiding and abetting illegal immigrants"?

That is the whole purpose, right?

Crazy world we are living in.
I would say so, yes. I don’t agree with bussing them anywhere, or sanctuary states.

Old 01-05-2024, 08:46 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I would say so, yes. I don’t agree with bussing them anywhere, or sanctuary states.
Ideally, the federal government would be doing something about the border, but they only pay lip service.

The problem as I see it, from someone that would like to see another republican besides Trump win the election, is that the democrats hated Trump so much that when Biden took over, the Whitehouse did the opposite of everything Trump did. But not everything Trump did was bad. Remain in Mexico was a good policy. Diverting money towards border security was a good policy. They should never have been reversed.

And maybe such an openly antagonistic attitude toward immigration wasn't warranted, but in response, Biden openly invited them all to come here. There are billions of people on the planet living in poverty. If you invite them here, a percentage of them are going to come. We cant support them all.

Old 01-05-2024, 09:41 AM

24 posts, read 18,096 times
From the UK.........sanctuary cities?? We've become a sanctuary country in many peoples eyes.
The big question is, how do Governments curtail it? From where I'm sitting, Governments seem Hell bent on accommodating as opposed to pulling the drawbridge up.
Germany who at one stage welcomed everyone from the ME are now paying the price. Every time they try to remove people, court cases, protests & appeals follow, same in the UK. Now to gain German citizenship be it refugees/asylum seekers etc, living in Germany has now been reduced from eight years to five.
Recently highlighted here in the UK, refugees/asylum seekers returning to the countries they were escaping from for holiday's & then coming back to the UK.
You couldn't make it up.........and I haven't.

Old 01-05-2024, 09:52 AM

10,469 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Where I live it doesn't even feel like i'm home anymore. When I go to the grocery store its all Hispanics, English is now a second language.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:38 AM

5,156 posts, read 3,083,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
I am surprised more of them are not shot when crossing private properties in TX.
Why would they chance that? They go straight to the CBP checkpoints and get “processed” through as asylees along with ID paperwork, a phone, debit cards, and a ticket to anywhere USA. Is this a great country or what?

Old 01-05-2024, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Where I live it doesn't even feel like i'm home anymore. When I go to the grocery store its all Hispanics, English is now a second language.
Well Danny, I'm too old to learn new languages but its the same here but with Asians, they'll have to adapt to me. I did have lessons in Turkey to learn Turkish & eventually I could say, good morning or good night lol

Old 01-05-2024, 01:30 PM

445 posts, read 319,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Do you border Dover?

Old 01-05-2024, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
Do you border Dover?
No, I live in the Midlands a place called Solihull. France has a sea crossing to Dover, about 22 miles. Folks are coming across daily in dinghies. Well they come so far then our coast guard picks them up. They don’t or can’t return them to France because France won’t accept them.
Governments across Europe will fall over this issue alone.
All social services, local authorities, ie schools, Doctors, hospitals, accommodation are all maxed out.
This world is changing rapidly.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey