Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2024, 04:18 AM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

Now this is an interesting kettle of fish.

Wonder who sat her down?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...af2c8a06&ei=14

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...endez-00148728

Andy Kim is now the anointed one. Once he wins primary (is there any doubt?) NJ voters will line up come November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 05:11 AM

Less than one week after Menendez drops his bit of news, up comes Mrs. Murphy with her announcement. Coincidence? I don't think so.... This is all coming from "upstairs".

Jefferies, Schumer, Pelosi, Booker, possibly Biden and others in Washington, D.C and DNC as whole didn't want a divided primary. Nor did they want to risk Menendez possibly winning said primary and going onto win another term in senate.

Knives came out, phone calls were made, people sat down and upshot is what you see. Within a short period of time BM is out of the picture (far as democrat primary is concerned), and Mrs. Murphy has seen sense.

There is always an outside chance a republican will win in November, but highly doubt it. NJ hasn't sent a GOP to senate in ages, and don't see that pattern changing. Andy Kim ticks all the right boxes and this race is now his to lose.

Mark my words, come November Mr. Kim will be new senator elect from NJ.

Old 03-25-2024, 06:39 AM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
There is alot more than meets the eye... tweet after the dropout.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/03/...HDMR_nfuxJL-d4

"In Nov 2013, I walked into the Ritz to meet Phil and Tammy Murphy. To my eternal regret, I agreed to get him the Dem nomination for gov. That decision was the worst of my life, bar none. Today, the long nightmare for me and other women the Murphys targeted is finally over."

https://x.com/julieroginsky/status/1...681356994?s=20

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 03-25-2024 at 07:09 AM..

Old 03-26-2024, 05:09 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I'm glad. I don't like the idea of family members too close together in governments.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:04 PM

1,837 posts, read 675,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Now this is an interesting kettle of fish.

Wonder who sat her down?
I like Andy Kim and glad she suspended her campaign.
As for why she had a change of plan, I wonder if him being an Asian American made a difference.

Biden and the Democrats are desperate as the minority voters including Asians have been less enthusiastic about Biden for re-election. Basically, it would be bad optics for her to run a divisive campaign against an Asian Democrat that has a clean slate and been supportive to Biden in Congress.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
I like Andy Kim and glad she suspended her campaign.
As for why she had a change of plan, I wonder if him being an Asian American made a difference.

Biden and the Democrats are desperate as the minority voters including Asians have been less enthusiastic about Biden for re-election. Basically, it would be bad optics for her to run a divisive campaign against an Asian Democrat that has a clean slate and been supportive to Biden in Congress.
Tammy Murphy had zero, zilch, nada, nil qualifications to be a US senator. Especially when going up against likes of Andy Kim.

Mr. Kim may not have decades of experience in elected office, but his few years are far more than Mrs. Murphy.

As for rest of it, yes wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Kim being Asian didn't factor into things. Democrats need to shore up that base and what better way than getting Andy Kim kicked upstairs to a US senate seat.

Asians are a comparatively small number of NJ's total demographics, so Mr. Kim obviously wouldn't win with that vote alone. But the guy does tick many boxes for liberal, progressive democrats in New Jersey so there you are. NJ already has a AA US senator (C. Booker) if Kim wins you'd have a democrat run state with both senators members of minorities.

Mrs. Murphy was just another Hillary Clinton; riding on coat tails of her husband seeking an elected office. Were it not for New York's weak laws regarding residency to run for senate she never would have had a shot.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Tammy Murphy had zero, zilch, nada, nil qualifications to be a US senator. Especially when going up against likes of Andy Kim.

Mr. Kim may not have decades of experience in elected office, but his few years are far more than Mrs. Murphy.

As for rest of it, yes wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Kim being Asian didn't factor into things. Democrats need to shore up that base and what better way than getting Andy Kim kicked upstairs to a US senate seat.

Asians are a comparatively small number of NJ's total demographics, so Mr. Kim obviously wouldn't win with that vote alone. But the guy does tick many boxes for liberal, progressive democrats in New Jersey so there you are. NJ already has a AA US senator (C. Booker) if Kim wins you'd have a democrat run state with both senators members of minorities.

Mrs. Murphy was just another Hillary Clinton; riding on coat tails of her husband seeking an elected office. Were it not for New York's weak laws regarding residency to run for senate she never would have had a shot.

Broadly speaking, Asians do not have monolithic group think like blacks generally do.

The last thing we need in this country are 'experienced' politicians but seasoned professionals. Candidates who are more green without much business or another trade of business typically just become yes/no voters in the Senate.

Hillary Clintons three accomplishments in two Senate Terms:

a. S. 1241: A bill to establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site in the State of New York. Bush signed the bill Dec. 3, 2004.
b. S. 3613: A bill to name a post office the "Major George Quamo Post Office Building." Bush signed the bill Oct. 6, 2006.
c. S. 3145: A bill to designate a highway in New York as the Timothy J. Russert highway. Bush signed the bill July 23, 2008.

Just looking up Kim, he has been in Congress since 2019, almost lost his last election and won by a few mail in next day ballot votes in Burlington County.

According to Kims Wikipedia, his accomplishments are voting in Nancy Pelosi, and "having a 100% voted with President Joe Biden's stated position 100% of the time in the 117th Congress."

His career background is a political science major (2004) and worked as a civilian advisor for Afghanistan (in the US), and is friends with Pete Buttigieg (found that funny).

He is also from the south jersey (philly burbs) which I can attest growing up in the same area, probably hasn't a clue about central or north jersey's existence.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and id have a beer with him, but seems to be just a yes vote for Biden and democrats.

New Jersey needs real leadership, someone who get money for large infrastructure projects with tunnels and bridges (especially for NJ Transit) through to NYC, funding to stop overdevelopment in the state, someone who will eliminate the Wind Turbine Projects, get funding for our State and Federal Parks (park roads are atrocious, maybe worst in the country), protect the Constitution.

Not someone who's priority in becoming a yes pet and dancing around the woke agenda of name calling victimhood (which his appears to be).

If this guy is the person, I believe Republicans have a chance of getting someone in with a strong candidate. I don't see Biden bringing many voters in with his coattails either.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 03-26-2024 at 11:44 PM..

Old 03-27-2024, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Broadly speaking, Asians do not have monolithic group think like blacks generally do.

The last thing we need in this country are 'experienced' politicians but seasoned professionals. Candidates who are more green without much business or another trade of business typically just become yes/no voters in the Senate.

Hillary Clintons three accomplishments in two Senate Terms:

a. S. 1241: A bill to establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site in the State of New York. Bush signed the bill Dec. 3, 2004.
b. S. 3613: A bill to name a post office the "Major George Quamo Post Office Building." Bush signed the bill Oct. 6, 2006.
c. S. 3145: A bill to designate a highway in New York as the Timothy J. Russert highway. Bush signed the bill July 23, 2008.

Just looking up Kim, he has been in Congress since 2019, almost lost his last election and won by a few mail in next day ballot votes in Burlington County.

According to Kims Wikipedia, his accomplishments are voting in Nancy Pelosi, and "having a 100% voted with President Joe Biden's stated position 100% of the time in the 117th Congress."

His career background is a political science major (2004) and worked as a civilian advisor for Afghanistan (in the US), and is friends with Pete Buttigieg (found that funny).

He is also from the south jersey (philly burbs) which I can attest growing up in the same area, probably hasn't a clue about central or north jersey's existence.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and id have a beer with him, but seems to be just a yes vote for Biden and democrats.

New Jersey needs real leadership, someone who get money for large infrastructure projects with tunnels and bridges (especially for NJ Transit) through to NYC, funding to stop overdevelopment in the state, someone who will eliminate the Wind Turbine Projects, get funding for our State and Federal Parks (park roads are atrocious, maybe worst in the country), protect the Constitution.

Not someone who's priority in becoming a yes pet and dancing around the woke agenda of name calling victimhood (which his appears to be).

If this guy is the person, I believe Republicans have a chance of getting someone in with a strong candidate. I don't see Biden bringing many voters in with his coattails either.
Andy Kim is shaking things up apparently. More to point he's getting plenty of help from grassroots and other supporters. Another "bright rising star" of democratic party so to speak.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ratic-machine/

Cannot think of a single republican who could win NJ atm. More so if Kim's support keeps growing and there is a huge anti-Trump backlash at NJ's pols in November.

Much like NY people in NJ moan 364 days of the year. On the one day they can do something that makes a difference they have better things to do.

You'd have to be some sort of moderate center republican to win NJ, and why bother doing so when GOP in Congress is a hot mess. They've chased out nearly every moderate or any other republican in House or senate they consider a "RHINO". Who needs that aggravation?

Old 03-27-2024, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Andy Kim is shaking things up apparently. More to point he's getting plenty of help from grassroots and other supporters. Another "bright rising star" of democratic party so to speak.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ratic-machine/

Cannot think of a single republican who could win NJ atm. More so if Kim's support keeps growing and there is a huge anti-Trump backlash at NJ's pols in November.

Much like NY people in NJ moan 364 days of the year. On the one day they can do something that makes a difference they have better things to do.

You'd have to be some sort of moderate center republican to win NJ, and why bother doing so when GOP in Congress is a hot mess. They've chased out nearly every moderate or any other republican in House or senate they consider a "RHINO". Who needs that aggravation?
Democrats have been rigging their own primary elections for Governor, Senate and Congress here in NJ, and Kim sued them on it. Murphy conceited because the DNC did not want the publicity from the lawsuit, and to keep the well oiled Democrat rigging machine ongoing here in the state. I wouldn't consider Kim a "rising star" as he has zero accomplishments, and is almost entirely unknown in the state.

Additionally, Bob Menendez is running third party and will syphon Democrat votes right up (besides some bribery going on, he was a respected Democrat Senator) and people as stupid as it sounds, vote for names they are familiar with.

Tammy Murphy was the clear front runner for the Dems. With the pressure from the DNC, and looking at the numbers with Menendez not dropping out of the race, they didn't want to risk losing. Phil Murphy has intentions of running for President in '28 and having his wife lose a NJ Senate race, doesn't look good.

There are about a dozen Republicans going for the Senate seat, which is primaried June 4th.

Expect the race to heat up late summer, early fall. Republicans don't need RINOs in their party, Democrats don't vote Republican and Republican base isn't going out to vote for a RINO (Republican in name only). Lets see if good ole Mitch McConnell and the RNC pour some money in the Republican Senate Race post-primary.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 03-27-2024 at 11:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: