Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 08:15 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times

Advertisements

Rally will be held on the beach in Wildwood, NJ at 7:30pm on Saturday May 11th.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/04/...ls-so-far.html

The last time Trump came to Wildwood in 2020 there were over 100k ticket requests for a weekday event in January. This rally has been moved to the beach to accommodate large capacity.

Congressman, Jeff Van Drew has invited Trump to NJ for the rally.

As both Van Drew and Trump have been extremely vocal of the travesty happening at the Jersey Shore with Offshore Wind, I expect it to be quite a focal point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 08:43 AM

444 posts, read 316,923 times
We would probably have a Republican governor right now if not for Trump. Ciatterelli being roped in with that "Stop The Steal" nonsense was a killer and he still only lost by 3%. A normal, non-delusional Republican would have beaten Murphy in 2021. The last thing that the pathetic NJ Republican Party needs is to be associated with the broader MAGA stuff.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:40 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
We would probably have a Republican governor right now if not for Trump. Ciatterelli being roped in with that "Stop The Steal" nonsense was a killer and he still only lost by 3%. A normal, non-delusional Republican would have beaten Murphy in 2021. The last thing that the pathetic NJ Republican Party needs is to be associated with the broader MAGA stuff.
About six weeks ago, I was taking a walk in Pittsburgh and ended up chatting with a guy who was grilling salmon outside. He said his friend's father, Jack Ciatterelli, was going to run again. It was funny to hear this from someone in PGH.

Don't know much about him. I was out of the country and caring for a dying fiancé when he was running. I voted by mail for Murphy because a) I didn't know the other guy, and b) Murphy is the only governor I can remember who did something that actually benefited me personally when he was in office. I don't vote by party. I voted for Murphy the first time because I'd met Kim Guagwhatever in person and she was rude to me. Had no idea who Murphy was at the time, but he wasn't her, so he got my vote.

No worse than voting for someone because he had a TV show and you think that means he's cool. Or voting for the other guy because he's NOT the guy with the TV show.

Old 04-17-2024, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
About six weeks ago, I was taking a walk in Pittsburgh and ended up chatting with a guy who was grilling salmon outside. He said his friend's father, Jack Ciatterelli, was going to run again. It was funny to hear this from someone in PGH.

Don't know much about him. I was out of the country and caring for a dying fiancé when he was running. I voted by mail for Murphy because a) I didn't know the other guy, and b) Murphy is the only governor I can remember who did something that actually benefited me personally when he was in office. I don't vote by party. I voted for Murphy the first time because I'd met Kim Guagwhatever in person and she was rude to me. Had no idea who Murphy was at the time, but he wasn't her, so he got my vote.

No worse than voting for someone because he had a TV show and you think that means he's cool. Or voting for the other guy because he's NOT the guy with the TV show.
Well at least you admit you're a low information voter, as expected most Murphy voters were. The majority of Democrat voters today are herd mentality, or low information people which listen to the 30 second fake-news media clips and vote. If you think on your own, you're labeled a conspiracy theorist by the party.

Jack Ciattarelli clearly won the debates, and presented the best ideas for the state and its people. Unfortunately for Republicans in NJ, they need to earn 3x the vote of the informed voters as Newark, Jersey City, Camden, Atlantic City, Trenton collectively ballot harvest votes in the herd and mail them in.

Old 04-17-2024, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Well at least you admit you're a low information voter, as expected most Murphy voters were. The majority of Democrat voters today are herd mentality, or low information people which listen to the 30 second fake-news media clips and vote. If you think on your own, you're labeled a conspiracy theorist by the party.

Jack Ciattarelli clearly won the debates, and presented the best ideas for the state and its people. Unfortunately for Republicans in NJ, they need to earn 3x the vote of the informed voters as Newark, Jersey City, Camden, Atlantic City, Trenton collectively ballot harvest votes in the herd and mail them in.
You don't read. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. As noted, I was out of the country for two years caring for a dying person. NJ politics were not on the forefront of my mind. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, and third parties throughout my life.

You forget, or pretend to, because I've told you this before, that I literally worked for politicians for 37 years, so I do have information, much more than you do, most of which boils down to the fact that they are basically all the same, just put different salad dressing on themselves. You, on the other hand, swallow whole and recite without thinking what you are told to say, either because, as I suspect, you are paid to do so, or for some other unfathomable reason.

You of all the people on this forum have no business referring to anyone else as being part of a herd. You are in lockstep with one party, nose to tail. If that party wins next time, I assure you, not much will change.

Old 04-17-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You don't read. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. As noted, I was out of the country for two years caring for a dying person. NJ politics were not on the forefront of my mind. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, and third parties throughout my life.

You forget, or pretend to, because I've told you this before, that I literally worked for politicians for 37 years, so I do have information, much more than you do, most of which boils down to the fact that they are basically all the same, just put different salad dressing on themselves. You, on the other hand, swallow whole and recite without thinking what you are told to say, either because, as I suspect, you are paid to do so, or for some other unfathomable reason.

You of all the people on this forum have no business referring to anyone else as being part of a herd. You are in lockstep with one party, nose to tail. If that party wins next time, I assure you, not much will change.
I didn't call you a Democrat, I called you a low-information voter (which is not meant to be derogatory). Low information voters tend to vote Democrat because the media is owned by Democrats, and its the lies and deceit that they hear.

The other part of low information voters is the herd mentality, not accusing you being part of it. Herd mentality, is more or less has to do with certain ethnic/cultural groups, possibly jobs related, or sexual orientation etc.

Old 04-17-2024, 02:17 PM

Again, I did not base my vote on anything in the media. Murphy did something good tax-wise for older voters who receive pensions, creating an exclusion for people like me. I have never once in my life collected unemployment or received benefits of any kind. I did not get any COVID "stimulus" money. I worked for a public authority that includes New Jersey and lived here all my life, yet because the pension comes from the other state, I was taxed in full by NJ until he and the legislature finally created a pension exclusion for people over 62, within income limits. You bet your ass that was a reason to vote for him, and media had nothing to do with it, his actions did. Yeah, he's a rich guy with a lot of hair and teeth and big talk, but hey, he did bring infrastructure money into the state, creating construction jobs.

Find somebody better, I will consider that person as well. Christie was not better. Corzine was not better, either.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:47 PM

444 posts, read 316,923 times
“I called you a low-information voter (which is not meant to be derogatory)”

The quotes in this forum (city data, in general) are amusing sometimes.

Old 04-17-2024, 10:07 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
“I called you a low-information voter (which is not meant to be derogatory)”

The quotes in this forum (city data, in general) are amusing sometimes.
I don't think there is anything worse that being called a "low information" anything. Not meant to be derogatory. What was it? A compliment?

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
If I were so bothered by state politics, I'd probably look for another state to live in that more closely represented my opinions. Seems counterproductive to stay and feel aggrieved all the time. Political affiliation makes no difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey