Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 AM

5,668 posts, read 6,607,739 times

Advertisements

We had a hell of a time finding a long-term rental here... because most places can make so much more short-term. We camped while looking... it was early Nov... so we didn't have a lot of time. We eventually found a great place for $550/mo though.

BTW... check motels and groups of cabins... they won't be that expensive. I know the people who run this place... it's right in the middle of town: http://www.idlehourlodge.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,356,323 times
A couple of years ago when we were checking out Ruidoso and Timberon, we stayed in the Best Western for a few days. We went on priceline or one of those hotel/flight websites where you can name your own price. Best Western had a good deal (sorry, I don't remember how much we paid but we didn't need a bunch of fancy stuff or wanted to pay a big price either)
The place was clean and a nice place to stay. There are 2 of them in Ruidoso and they are pretty much on the same side of town. One is close to Walmart and the other is in Ruidoso Downs. We stayed at the one on Ruidoso Downs.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM

41 posts, read 110,159 times
I think I stayed at the one in Ruidoso proper when I was a kid. We also stayed at the Swiss Chalet years ago when it was nice. When I was up there two years ago it was all run down and looked like they might have been doing some renovations. It was 15-20 years ago that I stayed there though so who knows. Maybe I just had such a good time that I just thought it was nice.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
We had a hell of a time finding a long-term rental here... because most places can make so much more short-term. We camped while looking... it was early Nov... so we didn't have a lot of time. We eventually found a great place for $550/mo though.

BTW... check motels and groups of cabins... they won't be that expensive. I know the people who run this place... it's right in the middle of town: Idle Hour Lodge - private rustic cabins located in Ruidoso, New Mexico

I just checked out that link and I like some of the cabins. We might give them a call in the next few days...Thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM

390 posts, read 953,043 times
TX, when you and your wife come to the area send me a PM. Can show you around Capitan.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,921,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txroughneck View Post
I searched Condotel and they wanted at least $1200 a week.
There are a number of rental management companies in Ruidoso. All of them are going to charge a clean-up deposit in addition to the nightly rental fees.

A.Four Seasons Real Estate

B.Hummingbird Cabins

C.Casas De Ruidoso Property Management

D.Prudential Lynch Realty

E.The Woodlands Property Management Group

G.Condotel

H.Aspen Real Estate Inc

J.All American Realty

Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM

In my search for houses I have come across a few that we may like to look at if they are still on the market when we get there. Someone told me to kinda stay away from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th streets. Not sure why this is since it looks like it may be in a good location relating to town. It seems that it may be an older area. Would this be the only reason? It would help if you live in or know someone that lives in that area. If not, just any info that you have would be great. Thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 09:20 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,356,323 times
It looks like an older area but that's all I know about it.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM

I guess the older they are the more storms they've survived...lol

Old 08-12-2009, 07:38 AM

5,668 posts, read 6,607,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txroughneck View Post
Someone told me to kinda stay away from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th streets.
You'll see when you get there.

Some parts have very steep narrow roads (you'll hate that in the winter) small lots, and tend to be rundown. Use google-maps streetview to get a better idea of what the areas look like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico