Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 07:27 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Altima once existed when Hyundais sucked. Nissan has a huge lineup of cars they didn't have a car that fit between the Sentra and Maxima.

It's like the Jetta.
I believe the Altima replaced the Stanza. I remember the Stanza being a really good car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 07:30 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
People who don't know cars buy Nissan. Their product quality has gone down the toilet. Anyone who needs an entry level vehicle should go to Kia/Hyundai then Toyota/Honda. Nissan doesn't have a place anymore.

I can respect that view. I did own a 2006 Accord V6 stick shift once. Got it new drove it to 112k and never a second of problems. However I found it utterly soulless and boring. I never got another Honda car after that. I do own a Honda scooter, a PCX150 which I think is a marvel for fun so I am not totally biased with Honda.

I also briefly had a V6 Mazda6 stick shift too. 2005 model. Well wasn't big on it and traded it in.

I go against the grain and happen to like Nissans except for the Titan, the steering is just too heavy.

Old 02-01-2024, 11:25 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,854,050 times
I have had quite a few rental Altimas and I actually liked them. A tad smaller than Camry/Accord and drove nice. They fixed the CVT issues and "shifting" was just fine. I think the electronics were ahead of Honda/Toyota.
But I also see that everyone wants a crossover, so that is what they will sell.
We do have a Rogue Sport with close to 40K miles. Will see how it holds up.

Old 02-02-2024, 09:11 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,822 times
Quite a noticeable difference between the Rogue and Rogue Sport, The Rogue is in the intermediate class, very comfortable, and competes well with the Equinox, Tucson, Tiquan, Escape. The Rogue Sport is in the compact class, and competes with the Eco Sport, Kicks, Kona, Taos. It feels small with lots of cheap plastics, I hate it. Not considering reliability, I would pick the Taos for feeling larger with best interior, but I also like the others I mentioned, plenty of leg room, the Kona is a little nicer than the Kicks, but Kicks is more reliable than the others. The Eco Sport seems to have more power with the turbo boost, but has engine problems from what I read.

I really like the Murano, it holds it's own against the Santa Fe and the Edge. I really like the new Pathfinders, be careful when buying a used Pathfinder because there were a lot of lemon years with those, but some real good ones too. I really like the Armada, they use the same V8 motor used in the Titan and it feels like a tank, good reliability in Armada-InfinityQ80 but Titan had many years with transmission problems, they suck. And yes, stiff steering just like the Frontier, only the Frontier is even worse with a turning radius so bad you need 40 acres to turn that rig around. The Frontier has always been reliable, however, so dont count it out if that's what your looking for.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:10 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,006,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Oh, dear. I wonder what the new vehicle of choice will be for trailer park residents?
Probably spends a lot of time on the P&OC sub forum with an opinion like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
These kind of posts are usually made by 12th graders. So embarrassing for an adult. By the way, there is a site called Reddit if you need recess time.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yes, I don't know why some people always need to be so unpleasant.
Amen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
People who don't know cars buy Nissan. Their product quality has gone down the toilet. Anyone who needs an entry level vehicle should go to Kia/Hyundai then Toyota/Honda. Nissan doesn't have a place anymore.
Recommending a Kia/Hyundai these days over a Honda, Toyota or Nissan?

Old 04-07-2024, 10:38 AM

13,644 posts, read 9,701,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I can respect that view. I did own a 2006 Accord V6 stick shift once. Got it new drove it to 112k and never a second of problems. However I found it utterly soulless and boring. I never got another Honda car after that. I do own a Honda scooter, a PCX150 which I think is a marvel for fun so I am not totally biased with Honda.

I also briefly had a V6 Mazda6 stick shift too. 2005 model. Well wasn't big on it and traded it in.

I go against the grain and happen to like Nissans except for the Titan, the steering is just too heavy.
None of the Japanese or Korean midsized sedans is utterly "soulless", though some are a tad bland. The real problem now is that with the onslaught of SUVs, choices for a modest and not too-expensive sedan have been utterly vitiated. Let me rephrase... There are the German sedans, with all associated issues of cost, complexity and so on; also the tiniest compacts, with utter lack of power. In between, we have... what? What are the options for buyers who want decent acceleration, but moderate price, and who absolutely detest lifted vehicles (crossovers, SUVs, trucks,...)?

Old 04-07-2024, 11:03 AM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
I think the Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent outside of fast freeway driving is a bucket of fun imo.

I think of Go carts when driving them.

Old 04-14-2024, 07:53 AM

17,603 posts, read 17,635,928 times
There is a perception of Altima being the car of poor black women with bad attitudes. Nissan hurt the Altima with the switch to CVT. While the styling is nice, it’s difficult to differentiate it between the Versa and Sentra. Other brands have managed to better differentiate their compact and midsize cars while still having some similar design elements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti