Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,817 times

Advertisements

I have the same problem wherein my son (seller) wrote in the buyer's name in the seller's spot and then marked a line through it. My question in all this re-do process is, in the notarized affidavit does the seller have to write his current address, which is different than that on the title, since he's moved several times since he's owned the car or keep the address mentioned on the title ? Also since the buyer is in a different state, does this re-do process time delay affect the cost of registration by now including a fine of 5% as in TX, for past 30 days from sale date, or will it be waived ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM

90 posts, read 752,543 times
Thanks to Dasvon for clarification. My point was actually this, I've had several Notaries attempt to fully read documents that were full of very personal information, generally stuff that people don't need to know, it's not really any of their business. As long as the document appears to be a valid one they should not have a problem with it. True, a notary is not bound by any law to sign something he or she does not feel comfortable signing. I usually have a lawyer I know deal with my stuff, he knows me well and has no problem with anything I hand his way, but as I said, he knows me and how I do things, nothing fishy at my end.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,719 times
To V65Ozzie: You are very wrong about what a notary's job is. Yes, they verify signatures, but it is also required in some cases to make sure a document has been filled out completely before verifying the signature, because the signature is agreeing to the information. Most times, it will indicate so on the document, such as an Ohio Automobile Title, in particular. A notary's function can be more than simply verifying a signature. I would recommend you obtain a notary booklet which is issued issued by the state to those taking the test to become a notary to know exactly what is required. THEN you can determine what so called "god" qualities notaries have... LOL

Old 07-22-2012, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,820 times
We were gonna buy a car and the person was going to sell it to someone else so they signed the title in the buyers name line then decided not to sell it to them and crossed it out with permanant marker. Will this be an issue if I buy the car because they crossed ou the name on the buyers line?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1964 View Post
We were gonna buy a car and the person was going to sell it to someone else so they signed the title in the buyers name line then decided not to sell it to them and crossed it out with permanant marker. Will this be an issue if I buy the car because they crossed ou the name on the buyers line?
I would think they would think that the document has been tampered with and not accept it. Give them a call to be sure.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
When you made the error you voided the document .That is the rules.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,430 times
I bought a vehicle from a private party, after the purchase was said and done, I have the title with my information on it, but no longer want the vehicle. Is there a way to resell the vehicle without having to wait for it to register into my name? As if there was an error made on the buyers portion?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,489 times
In signing a title the notary had the seller to sign their name instead of the company that was on the front of the title. Which is the best way to handle this error do the notary need to have the seller cross out their name and initial it and write the company name instead ,or just write the company name that on the first of the title beside their name.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:32 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stawberry12 View Post
In signing a title the notary had the seller to sign their name instead of the company that was on the front of the title. Which is the best way to handle this error do the notary need to have the seller cross out their name and initial it and write the company name instead ,or just write the company name that on the first of the title beside their name.
Call or go visit the DMV.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
I have a question I accidentally put my address in where the buyer's address supposed to be do I have to get a whole new title done??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina