Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:16 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian pogan View Post
I have a question I accidentally put my address in where the buyer's address supposed to be do I have to get a whole new title done??
Why are you asking an Internet forum? Why don't you go to the source and ask DMV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,753 times
I bought a car from a dealer that was selling the car on consignment. I didnt see the owners. We didnt sign the title together with the notary present. The son went to pick up the title from the owners as the owner of lot had already stamped the notary stamp. When he returned it was signed. I was told simply to sign it before I went to tag office. Any of this fraudulent?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:18 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,381,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodill71 View Post
I bought a car from a dealer that was selling the car on consignment. I didnt see the owners. We didnt sign the title together with the notary present. The son went to pick up the title from the owners as the owner of lot had already stamped the notary stamp. When he returned it was signed. I was told simply to sign it before I went to tag office. Any of this fraudulent?
I can't offer an opinion on whether fraud was committed. I can tell you that only the sellers signature has to be notarized, not the buyers, so if I'm understanding your post correctly, it sounds as if what was done is ok.

My suggestion is to take the title to to your local DMV office and get their opinion, since thats the one that counts.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,709 times
If I signed the title but now I want to put it in my brother name. What do I do

Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshgosh View Post
If I signed the title but now I want to put it in my brother name. What do I do
Go to or call your local DMV office and ask them.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:59 AM

8 posts, read 10,163 times
If the title has not been notarized you can cross out the section and write void not notarized.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times
I recently bought a car and on the back in Box A where the notary puts the date, she put 10, for the month of October, instead of an 11 for the month of November in which the car was purchased. She penned a more darker and noticeable number 1 through the zero and then initialed. DMV will not recognize this title and now I am going through the mill with all of the BS they're saying I have to do now. Anyone know any shortcuts?

Old 11-20-2015, 06:42 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,214 times
The notary should have known better than that. They screwed up your title. I would try to get them to pay for your new title that you're going to have to order. And it'll take at least 2 weeks to boot.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,628 times
I bought a car an my name an the seller name are all correct on top part. My friend who was suppose to be getting car looked an fixed tried to sell car. I did not know any of this. A few weeks later a get a call from a man stating he bought car an now he has to get bill of sale from me an previous owner because I had not yet registered car. I explained what happen after I figured out what happened. We worked it out an I hve car an title back but now his name an my not friends name is on the dealer part of title. Can I still register car since my name an seller are on top line?

Old 12-16-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogpad32 View Post
I bought a car an my name an the seller name are all correct on top part. My friend who was suppose to be getting car looked an fixed tried to sell car. I did not know any of this. A few weeks later a get a call from a man stating he bought car an now he has to get bill of sale from me an previous owner because I had not yet registered car. I explained what happen after I figured out what happened. We worked it out an I hve car an title back but now his name an my not friends name is on the dealer part of title. Can I still register car since my name an seller are on top line?
Take the title to DMV and ask them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina