Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,066 times

Advertisements

So we should limit the free speech rights of protestors on public property, but we should never limit any rights related to gun ownership? Do I have that right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Moral Monday protesters entered the building after 6pm and were arrested and placed on buses to be transported to central booking by 8pm. I know because I witnessed it first hand

If you think they were in there all day, well frankly you don't have a clue.

I know there are different perspectives on the issues, but it would be a nice change if people stuck to factual statements about how things actually went down at these protests. Relying on second hand info spoonfed to you doesn't do anyone on either side any good.
Exactly. Moral Monday protestors entered the Legislative Building no earlier than 6pm and often more like 6:15 or later. They definitely were not there all day.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Moral Monday protesters entered the building after 6pm and were arrested and placed on buses to be transported to central booking by 8pm. I know because I witnessed it first hand

If you think they were in there all day, well frankly you don't have a clue.

I know there are different perspectives on the issues, but it would be a nice change if people stuck to factual statements about how things actually went down at these protests. Relying on second hand info spoonfed to you doesn't do anyone on either side any good.
On some days the protests started at 12:30 PM, sometimes they marched into the building at 6:00 and other times they were camped out inside and outside of the building all day long chanting, singing, beating drums and preaching about how evil the GA was. Multiple news articles, twitter feeds and forum posts indicated exactly how the protests went down including the disturbances in the chambers and the blocking of the exits and hallways by the protesters.

Last edited by netbrad; 08-12-2013 at 10:05 PM..

Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Sorry brad but you aren't talking about the highly organized moral Monday protests that is the the topic of this thread. I work next door and witnessed the Moral Monday protests every day. People began gathering for the moral Monday events no sooner than 5pm. They met before then at a church downtown to to discuss logistics and give green armbands to those who planned to volunteer to get arrested. They then gathered on the law behind the legislative building starting at 5pm, listened to speeches then those with the armbands would que up and walk into the building around 6-6:15. They would get arrested and be loaded up onto buses by 8pm.

I don't need twitter feeds and Internet forum posts to tell me what I witnessed with my own eyes. I can't speak to random acts of protest others on either side might have engaged in, but Your statements about how the moral Monday protests went down are factually incorrect.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
Open duck season? Man, you're showing your true colors every day!:
Sick & tired of hearing all these loud mouth ignorant Bafoons ranting about wanting more from the government. If they misbehave or break the law, then off to the Pokie they Go!
I love it! How's that for true colors?

Old 08-13-2013, 06:00 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
From the article: "My friends tell me that I was doing community service by being part of the protest,
that I was actually doing something for the community," she said. Black has not decided yet whether
she'll take the DA up on his offer.
I say fight it. Don't pay a penny in fines or any do any labor.

Force the state (and Wake Co) to either jail citizens for daring to act or to dismiss the charges outright.
Charges that never should have been filed in the first place.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:42 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I say fight it. Don't pay a penny in fines or any do any labor.

Force the state (and Wake Co) to either jail citizens for daring to act or to dismiss the charges outright.
Charges that never should have been filed in the first place.
Considering five more cases have been tossed, the question of why the charges were filed is a good one. Granted, the judge cited a recent Supreme Court ruling as grounds for the dismissals, but noticeably absent from news coverage is any attempt to hold the DA responsible for pursuing the cases (thus squandering funds and clogging the judicial system in the process) accountable, particularly when rational for the arrests were sketchy at best.

Textbook example of why prosecutorial misconduct is a very disturbing trend that vitally needs to be addressed.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:49 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Sick & tired of hearing all these loud mouth ignorant Bafoons ranting about wanting more from the government. If they misbehave or break the law, then off to the Pokie they Go!
I love it! How's that for true colors?
Did you mean to say "buffoons"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina