Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 13,764 times

Advertisements

GREENSBORO.. The taxes are Too high for what you get. If You have a problem regarding city government, you can never,never get anyone to take the matter up with. I'm gettin' outta here as soon as I sell my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 04:43 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,553 times
Fayetteville "FayetteNam", is a tough military town full of tough military people WHO KEEP OUR BUTTS SAFE! I'll put up with the young men and women of the 82ND AIRBORNE DIVISION because they strike real fear into the hearts of our enemies worldwide. And Goldsboro is alright too...it's full of fine folks who keep the F-15 STRIKE EAGLES covering our hindparts 24/7. If they don't have the landscaping just so or any hip bistros or artsy fartsy restaraunts...SO WHAT, THEY DO HAVE "THE RIGHT STUFF". And I thank you!

Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 PM

5 posts, read 46,381 times
Well If You Want To Live In Hayesville Or Franklin By The Smokie Mountains It Is Suppose To Be A Bible Belt And Are Very Prejudice There

Old 12-08-2006, 05:51 PM

4 posts, read 23,552 times
Default Too Many To List

Here's the problem. We have had a dramatic influx of transplants from other places. The population is growing at a pace that is far beyond the states ability to keep up with. It is currently estimated that within 10 years we will be the most populated state on the East coast if people continue to move here from other states. Our Southern culture is RAPIDLY disappearing and, along with it, such things as the laid back atmosphere, the Southern hospitality and the like. The coast (where I have lived for many years) has become pretty bad, the I-40 corridor is going to soon be one big metro area stretching from Winston-Salem to Rocky Mount, the area around Charlotte has grown to unmanageable proportions. If it sounds like I wish people would quit coming here...well...I do. All it does is raise the cost of living (now the fastest growing in the country) and lower the quality of life.
Please, don't consider me mean or hateful but I wish people would either (a) stay where they are or (b) find some other place to ruin.
Sorry...but it is true.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:20 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,906,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaffindm View Post
Well If You Want To Live In Hayesville Or Franklin By The Smokie Mountains It Is Suppose To Be A Bible Belt And Are Very Prejudice There
Not speaking specifically about Franklin or Hayesville, but in your mind, does "Bible Belt" = racism?? It's a little annoying seeing some people link the two words together when, in most cases, it's not true.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:09 PM

129 posts, read 488,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaffindm View Post
I live near Hayesville and being from Florida didn't expect the people to be so friendly. I thought we would be treated as outsiders, and it's just the opposite. I've never had any problems at all! Everyone has been incredible and very accepting!

Old 12-09-2006, 06:05 PM

61 posts, read 208,379 times
Default Sorry to be so dense but

what does this mean?

I say durham though....to much dark blue.....

Is he talking about blue state as opposed to red state - politics?

Well, that's fine.

Could anyone point out predominantly blue areas in North Carolina? and non- fundamentalist? Quite serious, because those would be areas I would prefer.

Thank you.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:17 PM

5 posts, read 46,381 times
no bible belt in my eyes are good christian people that it shouldnt matter what color you are i guess i didnt know that a bible belt wasnt that i am sorry but i was just surprised that it was like that i didnt know stuff like that was still happening its sad I just moved there from fl and have been here for five years

Old 12-10-2006, 03:42 PM

586 posts, read 1,546,271 times
Stargazing,

I think the writer was referring to one of Durham's team colors. Not sure though.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,554 times
The Duke Blue Devils of Duke University are located in Durham. Blue is their color.

Carolina Blue is the color of the Carolina Tarheels (woohoo!), of UNC, in Chapel Hill.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina