Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 06:37 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,843,148 times

Advertisements

I was reading about the possible mega site in Moncure and see it’s like 10 miles away from 540. That highway is a game changer. That area won’t stay undeveloped long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 09:05 AM

3,305 posts, read 8,557,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I was reading about the possible mega site in Moncure and see it’s like 10 miles away from 540. That highway is a game changer. That area won’t stay undeveloped long.
No doubt! You're talking only 10-15 minutes from already bustling suburban areas in west Apex and Holly Springs. Development is on a tear only several miles up the road from the site in question. With such great access to Raleigh and RTP from US-1 and NC-540 it's only a matter of a short time period until the areas around and south of New Hill down to Sanford become more and more suburbanized. New Hill is already becoming quickly suburbanized and the housing prices there are definitely not cheap (helps that it's still in Wake County). IMO, the US-1 corridor down into that small part of Chatham county and into Lee county is going to vastly change over the next 10 years and the real estate is not going to be a bargain.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:33 AM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Facts. And it also won’t be far from
Future I-685.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:06 PM

459 posts, read 373,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Facts. And it also won’t be far from
Future I-685.
Nor the proposed central NC commuter rail plan (not the same as the Triangle commuter rail proposal).

I think Texas and Arizona have more financial sway to get this project however. So don't get too excited yet.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:23 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,404,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Nor the proposed central NC commuter rail plan (not the same as the Triangle commuter rail proposal).

I think Texas and Arizona have more financial sway to get this project however. So don't get too excited yet.
There’s multiple chip makers searching though. Texas seems to have gotten most of them so it has that going for it . Plus lands cheaper out there . I’m not sure about the job promise . Saw a semi conductor plant in Europe had been nearly fully automated . Not sure how that translates to here down the line .

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...in-austin.html

Old 01-07-2022, 07:05 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
Do you happen to have any links or maps for the Central NC plans?

Old 01-07-2022, 07:20 PM

459 posts, read 373,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Do you happen to have any links or maps for the Central NC plans?
It's the S-Line from the VA border to SC border. Plan is to connect Sanford to Hendersonville via Raleigh Union Station.

This is about the best map I can find:

https://www.carolana.com/NC/Transpor..._1890_sal.html

Link to the news feed. The plan has no timeline or funding yet but seems most cities on the line are in support and so are people in the NCDOT.

https://www.wral.com/plan-could-brin...ford/19611386/

Fayetteville Commuter Rail to Raleigh is also being studied but who knows.

https://abc11.com/train-between-rale...-rail/5468740/

Old 01-07-2022, 09:21 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,148,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Even by 2025 the skyline will look dramatically different.

There seems to be a race to build more and higher in the core of the city. The land grabs are unprecedented.

I do believe that some large corporations have their eyes on relocating their HQ and are scoping out Class A office space.
Land prices have exploded downtown and owners are getting their land upzoned all over downtown to make sales of parcels possible, and development of the them profitable.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:56 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Land prices have exploded downtown and owners are getting their land upzoned all over downtown to make sales of parcels possible, and development of the them profitable.
So has real estate in general. I live in one of the condo buildings downtown, and 11 units sold in my building last year at an average of around $321 per sq ft. The last couple of units that sold just in December, were sold at well above the average.

I'm fully expecting the price per sq footage to increase to about $340-$350 this year. Even that estimate may be on the conservative side, seeing how much is happening in and around the warehouse district.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:54 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
It's the S-Line from the VA border to SC border. Plan is to connect Sanford to Hendersonville via Raleigh Union Station.

This is about the best map I can find:

https://www.carolana.com/NC/Transpor..._1890_sal.html

Link to the news feed. The plan has no timeline or funding yet but seems most cities on the line are in support and so are people in the NCDOT.

https://www.wral.com/plan-could-brin...ford/19611386/

Fayetteville Commuter Rail to Raleigh is also being studied but who knows.

https://abc11.com/train-between-rale...-rail/5468740/
Muchas gracias! Hadn't heard about this. Would rep you again if I could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina