Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 09:51 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,472,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyHeel View Post
I mean, that’s sort of the point behind “Make American Great Again,” isn’t it?

Isn't that what your buddy Owen is saying though? Make NC Great Again? See how this works? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 11:45 AM

857 posts, read 425,104 times
Quote:
I assume that is per capita? E.g., there are more people in Wake County than the entire state of Montana. Fun fact, per capita, there are more Floridians moving to California than Californians moving to Florida.
Another fun fact, courtesy of the U.S. Census Bureau? Between 2021 and 2022, Florida's population grew by 318,355 while California's shrank by 343,230. Now what was your point again?

Old 06-26-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I mean, that’s sort of the point behind “Make American Great Again,” isn’t it?
I'm the wrong person to ask. I think we're still great.

Old 06-26-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Another fun fact, courtesy of the U.S. Census Bureau? Between 2021 and 2022, Florida's population grew by 318,355 while California's shrank by 343,230. Now what was your point again?
Raw numbers to keep it simple.

Old 06-26-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
And some obfuscate, create strawmen and move goalposts because all they want to do is argue pointlessly and endlessly. They are incapable of actually considering new information and adj usting their opinions.
The trouble with your argument is.....that you haven't made one. Other than "the taliban are ruining North Carolina". This is what you've got. You haven't bolstered it with a single fact, extrapolation of fact, or an ounce of empirical data. The only "new information" has been provided by me in the form of many examples of the growth and progress currently taking place here. The Triad is going gangbusters with growth and success, adding thousands of good jobs including a Toyota EV assembly plant in Randolph county. Wolfspeed has chosen Chatham County for a semiconductor plant, investing over $5 billion and adding over 1800 jobs at 77 grand per year. Between 2021 and 2022, North Carolina's population grew by 99,796, behind only Florida and Texas. I've given you multiple examples of booming Republican Trifecta states and shriveling Democratic trifecta states. One more? Illinois, another shrinking Democratic trifecta wonder. And still..."the taliban are ruining North Carolina". Like they've ruined Florida and Texas? Rantings about strawmen, goalposts, past decades and falling skies aren't the same thing as a credible argument. You're right though, one of us might wanna consider "adjusting their opinions".

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-26-2023 at 02:20 PM..

Old 06-26-2023, 03:06 PM

5,465 posts, read 6,087,926 times
Republicans only gained a working foothold in NC politics around 2010-2014. So is anyone saying before 2010-2014 when the Democrats had majority control NC was a backward state with no major growth or influx of jobs, people, tourism???

Okay, I didn't think so!

Old 06-26-2023, 03:09 PM

6,393 posts, read 5,518,537 times
Nothing triggers right-leaning folks quite like other right-leaning folks doing something they find distasteful but from which they would rather draw attention away.....sheesh.

On a thread topic about two Republicans having beef over some questionable decisions on both of their parts...

...in the forum section of a state that is completely dominated by Republican politicians (the Democratic governor is lame-duck to the extreme at this point) and for which their antics have drawn NATIONAL criticism (even from others on the right)...

..the battle cry on display here is still "zomg the dems gonna ruin everything!"

Projection at its finest.

Last edited by TarHeelNick; 06-26-2023 at 03:18 PM..

Old 06-26-2023, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Nothing triggers right-leaning folks quite like other right-leaning folks doing something they find distasteful but from which they would rather draw attention away.....sheesh.

On a thread topic about two Republicans having beef over some questionable decisions on both of their parts...

...in the forum section of a state that is completely dominated by Republican politicians (the Democratic governor is lame-duck to the extreme at this point) and for which their antics have drawn NATIONAL criticism (even from others on the right)...

..the battle cry on display here is still "zomg the dems gonna ruin everything!"

Projection at its finest.
This is an extremely poor characterization. Take the time to read through and you'll understand why. Or don't, but you've added absolutely nothing of substance. Honestly, what was there left to say about........whatever nonsense you think is being deflected. What was it again? I didn't tune in until after post #17.

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-26-2023 at 05:13 PM..

Old 06-26-2023, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Republicans only gained a working foothold in NC politics around 2010-2014. So is anyone saying before 2010-2014 when the Democrats had majority control NC was a backward state with no major growth or influx of jobs, people, tourism???

Okay, I didn't think so!
No, nobody is saying that. Somebody IS saying that the major growth, influx of jobs, people and tourism are about to come crashing to a halt. If it's not worthy of discussion, what is?

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-26-2023 at 05:25 PM..

Old 06-26-2023, 06:27 PM

873 posts, read 1,020,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
This is an extremely poor characterization. Take the time to read through and you'll understand why. Or don't, but you've added absolutely nothing of substance. Honestly, what was there left to say about........whatever nonsense you think is being deflected. What was it again? I didn't tune in until after post #17.
On the contrary, TarHeelNick's characterization of this thread among right-wingers is right on the mark. Deflecting and ignoring the issue in favor in whataboutism ("The transgenders are coming!! The transgenders are coming!!") is what they've been doing throughout here rather than address the facts of the matter. I ought to know, since I started this post.

Regarding the topic at hand, it's interesting that Speaker Tim Moore suddenly came out for repealing the state's alienation of affection law following his lawsuit where he's facing that very charge. Gee, how convenient and not suspicious at all, eh? I'm sure it's a pressing issue for his constituents and not at all self-serving. See https://www.cbs17.com/news/capitol-r...affection-law/ for more.

As for your comment, the fact that you want someone to read through everything here about what you said yet at the same time admit that you "didn't tune in until after post #17" speaks volumes about the quality of your comments here. Word of advice: Read more thoroughly and think your argument out better before you comment on here. The fact that the reputation points you've earned are less than two-thirds of the amount of posts you've made indicates that most of us are tuning out whatever it is TunedIn is trying to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina