Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 PM

325 posts, read 863,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagKing View Post
I'm coming up to North Dakota because of the economy, and the fact I can't stand not working and providing for my family, but I'm also coming with a plan! The plan is to retire in 15 years with a truck load of money! Out of work and 25? How about retiring at the age of 40? Out of work and 40? How about retiring at the age of 65, and not have to worry about a pension plan.

Get your certifications! Learn about this industry, you would be amazed at the information you can find! You want a job and be a Roustabout for the next 20 years, great! But, what if you made it a career and became a Driller or a Tool Pusher? Do your research, and then make a new plan!

**Dropped my microphone and walked off the stage.... -Eddie Murphy
ShagKing you are thinking to small. I plan on becoming an oilman and real estate mogul all wrapped up in one. If Jerry Jones can do it, why can't I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 PM

249 posts, read 645,859 times
From my experience NON of the rig jobs I applied to did not have housing for it's guys...

I guess it's the ancillary jobs and some driving that do not supply housing...

Old 11-07-2011, 04:59 PM

88 posts, read 220,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
ShagKing you are thinking to small. I plan on becoming an oilman and real estate mogul all wrapped up in one. If Jerry Jones can do it, why can't I?
International

I never said that I wasn't going to branch out. I can't let all of the secrets out of the bag. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to yell at a buddy of mine, from a yacht just offshore in the Caribbean, "Looking good Reggie!" and have him yell back, "Feeling good Lewis!" And who doesn't want a front door that's 15 feet fall tall?!?

For you youngsters out there, that's from "Trading Places".

Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM

At the Chateau Walmare... the doors are about the size of a car or truck...LOL

Spoke to one of my buddies up there this afternoon... Says they're saying the same thing... "ratio is off"... so, they'll be hiring in a week or two or three for entry level rig jobs

Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
International

I never said that I wasn't going to branch out. I can't let all of the secrets out of the bag. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to yell at a buddy of mine, from a yacht just offshore in the Caribbean, "Looking good Reggie!" and have him yell back, "Feeling good Lewis!" And who doesn't want a front door that's 15 feet fall tall?!?

For you youngsters out there, that's from "Trading Places".
LOL! Yeah, back when Eddie Murphy was at the top of his game. And an interesting and entertaining article covering his career arc:

Bill Simmons follows Eddie Murphy's career from up-and-comer to icon - Grantland

Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 PM

88 posts, read 220,337 times
I'm sure that they will offer housing where there is a housing shortage, such as Williston. If hiring for an area such as Midland/Odessa though, there will be no housing. And if they're hiring 1500 people in the next 3 months, then they will be hiring for all of their locations in North America.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:37 PM

If I get the job from my callback tomorrow I won't be going...Otherwise I will report on the Job Fair Wednesday night.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I'm sure that they will offer housing where there is a housing shortage, such as Williston. If hiring for an area such as Midland/Odessa though, there will be no housing. And if they're hiring 1500 people in the next 3 months, then they will be hiring for all of their locations in North America.
I would like to confirm this because I may go if housing is offered regardless of the location (Midland/Odessa is now booming again). Otherwise I will just save my pennies for Williston.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 PM

internationalman - Bet if you went elsewhere for a company that has work in ND... and asked for a transfer to ND, they'd transfer you in a heartbeat... or send you for an evaluation... LOL

Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM

19 posts, read 54,863 times
the job offers that they gave last week were rotational, 14 and 7, 21 and 7, and included housing, airfare to and from the locations and the locations included, PA, ND, WY and OK. Thats the locations that i know people were going to. They made me an offer and sent me to rock springs, wy. just waiting on the background and drug tests results to come back. they said it takes about 3 weeks. If you have a cdl, you will go to the front of the line and a offer is almost assured. the starting pay is lower than what people are saying on these forums, but once you get in the house you can look at all the rooms and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota