Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM

11 posts, read 29,153 times

Advertisements

A local vendor at Oakton Farmers Market, selling gluten free crackers. Gourmet taste and wheat free. An eureka moment when I finally found good crackers and gluten free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:22 AM

5 posts, read 16,830 times
Endo in Clarendon is awesome for Sushi!

La Village Marche in Shirlington has great gifts that are fun and unique.

Full Kee on Columbia Pike for Chinese.

Crystal Thai in Arlington for good/cheap thai (we only order for delivery).

Lost Dog for sandwiches.

The Delhi Club in Clarendon for great weekend buffet.

Midas on Lee Hwy (by 66 across from the BB&T) in Arlington is where we get all our cars serviced.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:12 PM

4 posts, read 20,782 times
Best Pizza - Faccia Luna Old Town Alex

Best Chinese - Canton Cafe - Springfield Plaza

Best Handyman bar none - Borrowmyhusband.net (great guy)

Best Cleaners - decent prices but always clean clothes Sandy's Cleaners near Lorton

Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM

261 posts, read 738,530 times
Harris-Teeter in Alexandria has my gratitude forever. We used to live near the HT Morrocroft store in NC and it was what I missed most when we moved. It seems the company has similarly terrific employees in NOVA. A couple of weeks ago, my kid in NOVA was extremely sick and I was very worried. Since I'm about 800 miles away, there wasn't much I could do. Remembering a delivery service that shopped HT in Charlotte, I called the Alexandria store to see if they offer delivery or have a contract with a service. While their call-ahead service is great, it didn't help in this situation. A HT manager directed me to both Safeway & Giant (Peapod), taking time to give me all the info I needed to reach their delivery services. It was like Macy's Kris Kringle directing shoppers to Gimbel's.

By the way, the delivery services were fine, and I'd order from them again in similar circumstances. Safeway didn't communicate that they were out of about 20% of my order, but they did call when the driver was running late. Peapod's service was terrific, but their prices are a bit steep. It was a huge help to be able to order OTC meds, tissues, electrolyte replacement drinks, Ensure, etc. in addition to the bottled water and groceries.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:47 AM

77 posts, read 292,141 times
Thumbs up Thai Orchard Restaurant

The best restaurant ..
Thai Orchard Restaurant
17 Dale Boulevard, Dale City, VA 22193-2401(703) 897-0888‎

Great food.. good prices.. will go again and again..

Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Default Salon Prive in Lorton-Talented professionals!

I am very grateful that I found Salon Prive in Lorton. John gave me a wonderful haircut that still looks great after 2 months. Strangers have complimented me on how flattering my haircut is. That has not happened for me in many years. All the customers that I saw in there had haircuts that looked wonderful. And the staff is very welcoming and friendly--not condescending. They really know haircutting and what styles will suit people's faces. Best haircut experience in the years I have lived here.

Lorton Station is a pleasant, safe business area with free parking. It is off Pohick Road, between Springfield and Fort Belvoir. Salon Prive has a website.

Salon Prive, 9000 Lorton Station Blvd. Lorton VA 22079

703-339-9898

Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,308,494 times
I had a wonderful experience today at a DMV Select (the Loudoun County Treasurer's office in Sterling, on Ridgetop Circle). I needed a substitute title (paid off a car, hooray!) and I knew I'd probably wait less time than at the regular DMV. But it was WAY better than the regular DMV. I didn't have to wait in line, the woman was pleasant and had kind words for my kids, and I had the new title in my hand and was out the door in about five minutes, tops.

If you need something from the DMV that you can't do online, check to see if it's one of the things that a DMV Select can do for you.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 18,086 times
My favorite places to eat in Northern Va:

Chipotle- best burritos ever!
Pei Wei- in Gainesville, Va....best Chinese/Asian food!
Dixie Bones- in Woodbridge, Va...best barbeque!
Firehouse subs- in Manassas, Va...best subs!
Uncle Julios at Rio Grande- in Fairfax...best Mexican!
PF Changs- in Fairfax...also parent company of Pei Wei...awesome Chinese!
El Taco- in Manassas, on Rt.28- best hole in the wall Mexican! Been around since '60's. Cheap but good!
Outback- favorite place to get prime rib or steak!
Carrabba's- in Centreville, Va...favorite Italian! Check out their Chicken pizza and Chicken Marsala!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,377,814 times
An excellent and very pretty Vietnames restaurant in Falls Church -- Hoangs -- right on Broad Street in the middle of Falls Church -- across from Penzy Spices -- which is also a great spice store.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I have gone a couple times to the Hair Cuttery in Kingstown - I LOVE the hairdresser now, initially I felt a little "iffy" but I had highlights done today after a cut last week and I absolutely love the results - she really got into this and made me feel like a customer/friend not "the next person up" - I highly recommend her - Natalie is her name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia