Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 08:47 AM

27 posts, read 79,876 times

Advertisements

Guapos in Shirlington Village is our absolute favorite Mexican restaurant for Fajitas. Service is generally wonderful.

We love Flippin Pizza on Little River Turnpike across from Home Depot for NY Style Pizza -- great deals and good pizza.

Glory Days Grill for wings. Service is ok but wings are good and inexpensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM

194 posts, read 591,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Neva mind, found it: Sports Cheesesteak and Hoagie Shop - Woodbridge, VA

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!
Please let me know how it goes!

Also how can't you with a review like this:

couldn't wait to get here and write a review. Not only does the location suck, the inside looks horrible. There's a corner with papers and crap that looks to be some sort of office. It could use some nice tables, chairs, and I don't know...some love?
The $14 sub was so good. I mean the cheese was amazing alone. I will leave off the peppers next time because by the time I got home the top of my bun was soggy from them.
Now, here's my real issue with the place. Customer Service. They dont know what it is. You have to be pleseant and nice while serving up an amazing sub to get me to return to your spot. This lady was rude and seemed very unappreciative of my $14.
In conclusion, the food's really good. The service and location leaves alot to be desired.

Everything stated seems on point except for the lady being rude. I've been going to this establishment for years and she's always been absurdly nice to me so this gentleman/woman might have rubbed her the wrong way.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:01 AM

3 posts, read 7,771 times
Japanese Auto Clinic on Rt. 29 in Arlington. Always good work and never a rip-off. While you're waiting for your car, drop by the Heidelberg German bakery (and get the best ever slider buns).

I second the recommendation for Best Buns, though they're not really a 5 Guys competitor. They do bread and sandwiches, not burgers. For that, you'd need to drop by the Carlyle next door (who gets its bread from BB). Also, the Alexandria Pastry shop in the Bradlee Center on King Street for pastries and cakes. While you're there, drop by Unwined next door and say hi to Vanessa. Small store with great finds in wine from $10 (or less) to $100 (or more).

German Gourmet near Bailey's Crossroads for the best wurst. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) An amazing selection.

For roast chicken, you can't beat El Pollo Rico (multiple locations, we hit Arlington). For incredible kebobs, drop by either of the Ravi Kebob shops on Glebe Road near Rte. 50. I second Crystal Thai.

For a good local pub, Ramparts. Recently redecorated. Good beer on tap and an impressive menu. Try Monday for half price burger night or Wednesday for wings night.

BB

Old 09-06-2009, 03:55 PM

24 posts, read 79,762 times
Oak Street Cafe in Rosslyn at the corner of Wilson and Oak has really good breakfast burritos. The bacon potato burrito is my favorite. Good selection of lunch wraps/sandwiches too.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 8,428 times
Default Recommended businesses in NoVA

These are my recommendations:

Coffee House 8433 Lee Highway Merrifield, VA 22031 - I love this place. Free wifi, open 6am-2pm, $1 for small drip coffee only, they serve Caribou Coffee brand. Plenty of space to sit and work, and the owners don't care if you sit all day. Very laid back place, and not many people know about it yet cuz it's new.

Pastry Xpo- 8190 Strawberry Ln Merrifield, VA 22082. Also has free wifi, but not a place where you can sit and work for more than a couple hours, pushing it 3. The coffee and pastries are AMAZING, and they even have sandwhiches and light meals. Try the cheese croissants warmed up. PastryXPO.com - Coffee Shop

Falls Church Auto Center- great mechanic shop, family owned and honest people. 5837 Columbia Pike. Falls Church, VA 22041, convenient to Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church and parts of Annandale. Ask to speak with Allen. Home | Falls Church Automotive Center

South East Asia Corner, Gallows Road near Merrifield. Next to Great Wall grocery store and Gold's gym. They have an all you can eat buffet for i think 7 dollars or something like that. The buffet comes with pho vietnemese noodle soup and bottomless tea pot. The food is on the authentic side. South East Asia Corner - Falls Church, VA

Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM

4,488 posts, read 8,194,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
Everything stated seems on point except for the lady being rude. I've been going to this establishment for years and she's always been absurdly nice to me so this gentleman/woman might have rubbed her the wrong way.
I had finished working on my rental property and I was probably smelly and covered in paint. Coming in right at right before closing time on Saturday, probably didn't make the lady (Linda) too good. A group came in a minute after me and she had to turn them away. Little did I know they were closing at 8pm and they had already shutdown the grill. Dang!!! No cheese steak!! Doh! Settled for a Grand Slam Hoagie 1/2 size. This thing was ginormous!! It's filled to the brim with cheese/meats/veggies. The only complaint was the pickled veggies were a little soft, but they were tastey. We chit chatted while she was making the hoagie and she was very pleasant. She was going on a week long vacation so the place will be closed till the 15th. The hoagie was great so I'll try again for a cheese steak when she gets back.

Thanks again for the tip on this little gem.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
I had finished working on my rental property and I was probably smelly and covered in paint. Coming in right at right before closing time on Saturday, probably didn't make the lady (Linda) too good. A group came in a minute after me and she had to turn them away. Little did I know they were closing at 8pm and they had already shutdown the grill. Dang!!! No cheese steak!! Doh! Settled for a Grand Slam Hoagie 1/2 size. This thing was ginormous!! It's filled to the brim with cheese/meats/veggies. The only complaint was the pickled veggies were a little soft, but they were tastey. We chit chatted while she was making the hoagie and she was very pleasant. She was going on a week long vacation so the place will be closed till the 15th. The hoagie was great so I'll try again for a cheese steak when she gets back.

Thanks again for the tip on this little gem.
Good to see you enjoyed your meal. Definitely check out the steak and cheese next time when you have a chance!!!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM

2,092 posts, read 4,267,411 times
Charcoal Kabob in Herndon is great food at a great price. They serve Afgan style kabobs (very large portions) and are located in the Kmart Shopping Center.

Home Page

I haven't been there in a while and was plesantly suprised that they have redone the interior with new tables, floors, etc. As always the food was great and I'm stuffed.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:35 PM

There's a cheap $5 dollar Indian joint in Fairfax Centre. Forgot the exact name but you can't miss it.

Someone needs to go to this place and let me know how it goes!

Old 09-17-2009, 01:44 PM

72 posts, read 333,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Charcoal Kabob in Herndon is great food at a great price. They serve Afgan style kabobs (very large portions) and are located in the Kmart Shopping Center.

Home Page

I haven't been there in a while and was plesantly suprised that they have redone the interior with new tables, floors, etc. As always the food was great and I'm stuffed.
is it me, or have they downsized their meat portions?

tiny, tiny pieces of lamb and chicken.

Chickpeas are tasteless too, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia