Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2008, 12:29 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,764,314 times

Advertisements

The Paseo Arts District
Paseo is a street that winds down a hill and has been a small artist community in OKC since the early thirties. Here are some pics going down the street and then walking back up. A lot of old stucco buildings that have a Santa Fe vibe.

entrance..

The bars dont really start to up until around six or so depending on schedule of events...Pics are taken at about 3-4pm.

This is a church built in the 1850s from the east coast...The artist bought it and moved it to the paseo its called Old Trinity.

Brownstones apartments

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,477,343 times
Nice pics, HT. I love the bright colored buildings on there.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:17 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,957,009 times
That is a REALLY neat place. Next time I'm in "The City" I'm going to have to visit there. "The City" is what most folks outside of Oklahoma City and Tulsa call OkC, at least they did in the area where I grew up, near where redbird and peggy live..

Great pics HT. Your artistic eye is showing!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:26 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,654,987 times
Great photos as always Happytown !! You and PeggyDavis always have great photos for all of us to see.

One question i have and that is the road thru there where the pubs and the cafes in those pictures is that named Paseo Rd?? And at what crossroads are in that area so i can look on google map of Oklahoma City to see where exactly that area is at.

Thanks again !! 6/3

Old 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Great photos as always Happytown !! You and PeggyDavis always have great photos for all of us to see.

One question i have and that is the road thru there where the pubs and the cafes in those pictures is that named Paseo Rd?? And at what crossroads are in that area so i can look on google map of Oklahoma City to see where exactly that area is at.

Thanks again !! 6/3

Here you go 6/3. You should really visit OkC, it's a neat place and getting better every day. Paseo Road is bout 3 miles North of downtown OkC.

paseo road, oklahoma city, ok - Google Maps

Old 01-11-2008, 06:16 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,654,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Here you go 6/3. You should really visit OkC, it's a neat place and getting better every day. Paseo Road is bout 3 miles North of downtown OkC.

paseo road, oklahoma city, ok - Google Maps
O.K. great as i see it's between 30th and 28th NW. Appreciate the map location Synopsis.

Well i may be out there in 3 weeks as i gave my 3 week notice at work today and i'll let fate determine what happens. If the weather is o.k. on I-40 from Albuquerque to OKC then thats where i'm heading and if it's bad then i'll head down to my hometown of El Paso. I plan to take several months off from working and plan to see differemt places out there and what city or town grabs my heart is where i'll stay as i'm so burned out after 13 years here in Akbuquerque so i'm excited about seeing whats out there as i need a CHANGE and i'm not talking politics...lol...

Again i'm really impressed with OKC and all the great things i've read about and photos i've seen from the regulars here.
Thanks again !! 6/3

Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 AM

Thanks Jammie, Synopsis and 6/3....Paseo Road is really neat and has been somewhat revitalized in the last 5 years or so. The Paseo community extends into apartments/condos and houses that surround the street. The general area still needs work but it is improving. Good time to buy up some real estate before Midtown hits Uptown. Uptown is basically in between 23rd Classen/OCU to the Capitol area/OHSC area. It begins around 13th and ends around 36th/Crown Heights. Once the old Tower theatre on 23rd is renovated (good sign) then it will start to really improve.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:35 AM

Here are some festival pics that are not mine....The festival is always fun, unique and bigger than you would think!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 AM

I made this thread a sticky for the OkC forum. I think it's beneficial if people get to see all of these beautiful pictures of OkC. I think I'll do the same with the Tulsa pics in the Tulsa forum. If anyone has any objections, please let me know.
Thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 AM

I'd do just about anything to get my hands on that upright bass he's playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City