Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 11:44 PM

241 posts, read 431,812 times

Advertisements

Figured I start a thread on City Data as I've done with a few other websites. Not sure how much longer I will be able to keep this up I'm a full time acting student and starting to get more into it. I won't be able to post construction picture updates, but will post new projects as I come across them. For now I will post very brief summaries of the current projects planned or u/c around the 405.

I'll never move back to OKC as the Los Angeles area is my home now, but OKC is one of my favorite cities and the more and more I visit cities around the US and the world, I am noticing just how great OKC is. Literally everyone of my friends I've brought from the Middle East, South America, Asia, or Europe have all said how much they love OKC. It's really growing and becoming a great city.

I just wish they stop trying to say its a big league city. Is Oklahoma City a big city? Absolutely and I think it will become much larger a lot quicker than a lot of people think it is. Thought throwing terms like big league and having to and try and make every special like renaming the Metro transit Embark among other things it just seems tacky. Anyways, short rant over ha!

Please feel free to contribute and add anything that's missing. I will cover the entire CMSA as much as I can.

Here is a development map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...o1z7mJyc&hl=en

Last edited by Plutonic Panda; 10-02-2016 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 12:26 AM

Default Downtown Summary

Central Business District

701 Hudson

5 Story Residential | Proposed

Virtual Tour: 701 N Hudson # 306, Oklahoma City, OK 73101

17 Story Residential Tower

Unnamed 17 story residential with pharmacy.

BOK Park Plaza

27 Story Office Tower

Journal Record Building

This project is now under construction. Complete rehab of the building.

[img]http://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/r620-aa....jpg[/img]

A new parking garage, too.

Sycamore Square New Addition

New 70 unit addition to Sycamore Square.

Central Park

New 70 acre park divided into an upper and lower park.

Lower Park

https://www.okc.gov/government/maps-...wn-public-park

Convention Center

New convention center for the city. Proposed to start in 2017.

https://www.okc.gov/government/maps-...vention-center

Omni Hotel

Proposed. Breaks ground December 2017.

Santa Fe Station Transit Hub

New inter-modal transit hub.

---------

Pioneer Building will be renovated into homes and offices.

Sale, redevelopment set for Pioneer Building in Oklahoma City | News OK

New pedestrian plaza is underway to better connect downtown.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:32 AM

Highway cap over 235 is proposed.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:35 AM

Paseo Arts District

Pueblo Paseo

Via Paseo

Both projects are to start very soon.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:36 AM

Downtown Streetcar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj6WvhRk_pI

Old 10-02-2016, 12:41 AM

Plaza District

1804 NW 16th

New 2 story offices and retail.

NW 16th and McKinley

Apartments and cafe

NW 15th and McKinley

Apartments

Classen and 16th Apartments

New 3 story building with 42 apartments proposed. So far only the site plan has been released.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:50 AM

Producers COOP Redevelopment. This project involves many things with a new soccer stadium and a possible canal extension over the next 5-10 years. Clean up will take a year or two at least. Might see a couple towers come out of this as well.

Sprawling Producers Coop in Oklahoma City to be purchased by soccer team owner Bob Funk Jr. | News OK

Old 10-02-2016, 10:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
Figured I start a thread on City Data as I've done with a few other websites. Not sure how much longer I will be able to keep this up I'm a full time acting student and starting to get more into it. I won't be able to post construction picture updates, but will post new projects as I come across them. For now I will post very brief summaries of the current projects planned or u/c around the 405.

I'll never move back to OKC as the Los Angeles area is my home now, but OKC is one of my favorite cities and the more and more I visit cities around the US and the world, I am noticing just how great OKC is. Literally everyone of my friends I've brought from the Middle East, South America, Asia, or Europe have all said how much they love OKC. It's really growing and becoming a great city.

I just wish they stop trying to say its a big league city. Is Oklahoma City a big city? Absolutely and I think it will become much larger a lot quicker than a lot of people think it is. Thought throwing terms like big league and having to and try and make every special like renaming the Metro transit Embark among other things it just seems tacky. Anyways, short rant over ha!

Please feel free to contribute and add anything that's missing. I will cover the entire CMSA as much as I can.

Here is a development map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...o1z7mJyc&hl=en
Thanks, but why won't you move back to Oklahoma City? Because it will always be totally overwhelmed by Los Angeles?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Thanks, but why won't you move back to Oklahoma City? Because it will always be totally overwhelmed by Los Angeles?
Haha. I love OKC and will always visit there. If I make it I will have a house there. I probably shouldn't say it because as I don't know what the future holds. I am going through a very rough break up right now and it hurts really bad even as I try and pursue my passion and dream of becoming an actor. The industry just won't be there for me and if nothing else, I will join the military and give my life for this country as I feel I have nothing else to live for if not a girl I fell in love with and lost. :/

Alas, I still have a lot of family and I want to invest in OKC someday if I make it. That's if I can manage above all, to find the motivation to continue with life in general.

I wouldn't be surprised to see OKC connect with Dallas more and more by 2050. I don't think it will become one big giant metro, but I believe it will definitely grow a lot faster than what is being predicted I can just feel it.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:18 PM

Film Row

Residences at 21c

New residences under construction of very soon to be under construction in Film Row. This project is about the only project in Film Row right now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City