Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:21 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,831,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I'm serious when I say cliquiness is the last thing I think of when I think of OKC. so it makes me wonder about your geography. But what ever it is, I hope and Atlanta Guy find happiness, I know it sucks feeling out of place and not belonging.
It has actually been much better since I moved to central OKC and since I quit going to church. I was living in west Edmond previously. The more churchgoing parts of the metro are much, much worse in terms of cliquiness, especially Edmond. Central OKC isn't bad though.

I still don't really love it here for other reasons, but this hasn't been among my complaints after having moved to central OKC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 01:07 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,257,543 times
Glad to see you get out of Edmond, since its improved your quality of life. The whole church thing, you need to put it behind you and move on. If I remember correctly you attended a pretty strick sect of the Baptist church. I could see where that would be rough.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:24 AM

793 posts, read 1,115,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I can't imagine OKC being that much different than Tulsa, when dealing with transplants. I'm in midtown Tulsa, a lot of folks either work downtown, The University of Tulsa or the large regional medical centers around me. Almost all my neighbors are from out of state. My neighbors to the right of me are from Rochester,NY. To the left of me CA, then OK, then Wyoming. Not sure about test if my neighbors, but a lot of them are transplants. I know this because I hear a lot of them from time to time say they fell in love with Tulsa after moving here.
Not much different at all; 42.2% of OKC residents (~270,000) were born out of state, and 44.5% for Tulsa (~178,000). I've found that many of my neighbors are from out of state as well.

Quote:
I have a 40 year old female cousin, who was transferred here 3 years ago from Dallas. She's single, very attractive (she got her good looks from me!) and loves the warmness of Tulsa.

She had told me when transferring up here she thought she would have problems meeting people, since Tulsa was such a small city. But she has mentioned several times she loves it here, and really is surprised how easy it has been to make friends.

She is also in midtown Tulsa though. Maybe these guys who are having trouble finding other like minded folks are in the wrong area. i know there has to be tons of places like Midtown Tulsa in OKC.
Perhaps. I'm near Midtown OKC and have never experienced what these guys are experiencing.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:04 AM

24,663 posts, read 11,001,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
Not much different at all; 42.2% of OKC residents (~270,000) were born out of state, and 44.5% for Tulsa (~178,000). I've found that many of my neighbors are from out of state as well.

Perhaps. I'm near Midtown OKC and have never experienced what these guys are experiencing.
Pretty much the same here and we are in 'single zip code fast food church metropolis' on the outskirts of town.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 13,750,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
Doesn't seem that unbelievable to me. Nevada is first with 75% and Louisiana is last with 22% born outside of their respective states.

42% of Oklahoma Citians were born outside of Oklahoma.
Apparently 42% isn't enough.. If I were these guys I'd be headed to Nevada.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:48 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Originally Posted by KayneMo
Doesn't seem that unbelievable to me. Nevada is first with 75% and Louisiana is last with 22% born outside of their respective states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Apparently 42% isn't enough.. If I were these guys I'd be headed to Nevada.
The guys that you are referring to aren't heading anywhere , because they are not in anyway like me howest2008!!! I didn't like Oklahoma in the least bit and beat FEETS ON CONCRETE OUT OF TOWN to somewhere else. I am of a different opinion of OKLAHOMA today and ready to retire at the YOUNG AGE OF 66 and will be coming back to OKLAHOMA because I can stomach it now , and I HAVE QUITE A NEED TO BE AROUND BLOOD RELATIVES after 65 years of seeing THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF OKLAHOMA. (NutBadder The State) wouldn't be any better for these MEN.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:59 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,799,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Originally Posted by KayneMo

The guys that you are referring to aren't heading anywhere , because they are not in anyway like me howest2008!!! I didn't like Oklahoma in the least bit and beat FEETS ON CONCRETE OUT OF TOWN to somewhere else. I am of a different opinion of OKLAHOMA today and ready to retire at the YOUNG AGE OF 66 and will be coming back to OKLAHOMA because I can stomach it now , and I HAVE QUITE A NEED TO BE AROUND BLOOD RELATIVES after 65 years of seeing THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF OKLAHOMA. (NutBadder The State) wouldn't be any better for these MEN.
Good luck to you. Glad you can stomach it!

Old 06-28-2017, 06:23 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Good luck to you. Glad you can stomach it!
ATLguy you are a pistol a wild card a handful just remember when in Rome do as the Romans do.
Focus on the positive and forget about the negatives my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City