Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:19 PM

181 posts, read 357,955 times

Advertisements

When I moved to Omaha, I remember a place called Pefferionis (sp?) pizza. One location was near 50th & Dodge, where Goldberg's is now I believe, and another on 42nd near I-80, where the McDonald's now is. I only had it a few times, and thought it was pretty good for non-national chain restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 04:32 PM

3 posts, read 20,217 times
Pefferoni's had the best breadsticks! :-)

Old 12-14-2013, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 8,317 times
Leisure Lanes, I live in the apartments in the back across the street in 1980. There was a blonde lady named Norma that I think of most. Anyone remember what happen to her? She was in the bolwing ally alot

Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
How about the Stockade in Millard, the last time I looked it was called the Roadhouse, good food.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 AM

19 posts, read 50,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
This blog should be required reading for anyone talking about Omaha Restaurants of years past. Make sure you check the updates at the top of the page as well!

My Blog: Forgotten Cuisine ...

I spoke to the blogger and she told me that Part 2 should be up pretty soon.

Superb effort and great reading for memories. I am looking forward to Part 2. I do have a comment about a place called the Golden Apple on 90th and Dodge. In the 70's the restaurant was a very nice place to visit. The bar was a small quaint place with an exceptional singer. Also, the bartender (Don Losole) was a natural born entertainer. Wonderful memories.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang33 View Post
Superb effort and great reading for memories. I am looking forward to Part 2. I do have a comment about a place called the Golden Apple on 90th and Dodge. In the 70's the restaurant was a very nice place to visit. The bar was a small quaint place with an exceptional singer. Also, the bartender (Don Losole) was a natural born entertainer. Wonderful memories.
Part 2 was already posted, just FYI

My Blog: Forgotten Cuisine II

Old 12-31-2013, 10:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
I love a good hot dog, so here's a couple I remember;

Stadium Dog: Situated in the food court of Crossroads Mall. I don't know when it opened as I was in grade school and don't remember it ever not being there. Lasted until probably 1996 or 1997. I know it was still open when we moved to Council Bluffs in 96 and when I went back to the mall a couple years later it was gone. The hot dogs there were great though.

Derby: Located on West Broadway in Council Bluffs. My father managed a limousine service just up the road and we would eat there frequently. They had a footlong that was a lot like (but better) than Sonic's, and excellent seasoned fries as well. Just closed up without warning in the winter of 1997.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 PM

152 posts, read 244,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
How about the Stockade in Millard, the last time I looked it was called the Roadhouse, good food.
I've been to The Roadhouse several times for meetings, and such. Honestly, there's nothing about it that seems special.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:13 AM

475 posts, read 2,234,004 times
A few off the top of my head...

Rose Lodge... where O'Daniel Honda is today on Dodge. Incredibly greasy chicken... but I sure remember it tasting good when I was a kid. We used to have our cub scouts 'blue and gold' banquets there.

The original House of Genji hibachi just west of Indian Hills theatre... actually looked like a pagoda house.

Bellevue Queen... 'riverboat' restaurant in Haworth Park.

Chu's Chop Suey House, south of Aksarben, best take out.

Jonesy's Dinner Den near 90th and Maple, didn't close all that long ago compared to the rest of these

Hill Top House, 49th and Dodge, south side, it was a holiday season tradition for my extended family to eat there together.

CoCo's where Bill Frogg's on Dodge is today

Maxine's on top of the Red Lion Inn (aka Doubletree today)

Grandmother's on 90th and Dodge... every time I visit the last remaining Grandmother's at 84th and L, I'm saddened to see how few people patron the place. The food is still very good, and very reasonably priced (stop going to Cheddar's people... and get back to Grandmother's).

Imperial Palace southeast of 114th and Dodge... fairly impressive building, lots of koi inside... can't recall what's become of the building today, even though I drive by every day

Mr Steak northwest of 120th and West Center (something Asian now), a favorite when I was a kid... 'the Continental' burger.

Stuart Anderson's immediately east of where Grisanti's on west Dodge is today (think there's a motel there now, right?)

How about the Westroads Dinner Theatre in the basement of the mall... I really miss dinner theatre's in Omaha.

Cafe de Paris at 6th and Poppleton (4 blks south of Pacific)... tiny house situated in a low income neighborhood, most people never knew about it... finest dining I've ever had, it made the French Cafe seem like Village Inn.

Of course all the Caniglia family restaurants

Old 01-09-2014, 09:13 PM

152 posts, read 244,421 times
Do any of you ever frequent The 11Worth Cafe? Certainly not health food, but it's happy food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha