Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM

516 posts, read 1,338,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Anyone who tells her that being gay is moral and healthy.
Then you are going to have a lot of protecting to do I'm afraid...from popular culture, school teachers, friends, life...

This may come as a shock to you but not everyone who finds being gay perfectly acceptable is gay.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM

240 posts, read 504,800 times
Quote:

great example of why christians get a bad rap.

i feel sorry for other christians who get lumped in with this kind of stuff.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,620,282 times
Quote:
How am I to know who is and is not gay? Unless you tell me, I don't know. Honestly--I don't care to know.

But the idea that you think we need to have a "district" devoted to people that identify according to their sex habits (because they're the same in every area to heteros)...yet you don't think sex habits are relevant just boggles the mind to me.

You're still basing it on just sex. It's not about celebrating sex anymore than straight couples flaunting their sex lives with their marriages and proofs of sex, kids as I think they're called.

Again, having a part of Omaha that is gay friendly is not a new idea. They're all over the country in many cities. Omaha has a substantial amount of gay people, more than some might think, and it would be nice for them to have a place to identify with.

Also I can't for the life of me figure out why you keep coming to these threads. I'm dead set against christianity but I'm not in the christian section every minute of every day arguing with them. If you don't like what you read than don't come to these threads. It's that simple.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I feel for your kid. They're going to question everything else you've told them when they find out you're wrong.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
You're still basing it on just sex. It's not about celebrating sex anymore than straight couples flaunting their sex lives with their marriages and proofs of sex, kids as I think they're called.

Again, having a part of Omaha that is gay friendly is not a new idea. They're all over the country in many cities. Omaha has a substantial amount of gay people, more than some might think, and it would be nice for them to have a place to identify with.

Also I can't for the life of me figure out why you keep coming to these threads. I'm dead set against christianity but I'm not in the christian section every minute of every day arguing with them. If you don't like what you read than don't come to these threads. It's that simple.

I've got to disagree w/ you on the last part DTO Luv. I rant about things I disagree with on this board and I think kdbrich is just providing a view from the other side.

I also think it is helpful to remind us that those kind of views still exist in our country and maybe it is helpful for him to get a perspective other than Fox News.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Disagree all you want but it just seems like going out of your way after awhile.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,216,899 times
Please get back on the original topic.. Please report posts that are off the original topic.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 PM

605 posts, read 1,199,297 times
So back to topic, what else would like to see in a gay district in Omaha?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 PM

482 posts, read 1,332,400 times
I think that a smaller less touristy version of Provincetown on Cape Cod would be cool. It should have gay friendly cafes and shops with a very pedestrian feel.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisque View Post
I think that a smaller less touristy version of Provincetown on Cape Cod would be cool. It should have gay friendly cafes and shops with a very pedestrian feel.
near the bemis ?

great older buildings with little commercial use right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha