Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2019, 07:56 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times

Advertisements

U.S. District Judge David O. Carter signed the pact Tuesday at the Ronald Reagan Federal Building in Santa Ana, following unanimous approval by the Board of Supervisors last week.

“You’re far in front of any other county in this state, and I hope the governor recognizes that,” Carter said.

Settlement ends 18-month battle surrounding Orange County homeless lawsuit:
https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-...meless-lawsuit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 09:18 AM

“It’s not a victory to move a homeless person from Costa Mesa to Huntington Beach or Huntington Beach to Costa Mesa or from Costa Mesa to Santa Ana or from Santa Ana to Fountain Valley. The days of just kind of moving our problem from one city to the other need to be over.”

Once reluctant, these Orange County cities are opening homeless shelters:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-series-part-2

Old 12-31-2019, 02:23 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
“It’s not a victory to move a homeless person from Costa Mesa to Huntington Beach or Huntington Beach to Costa Mesa or from Costa Mesa to Santa Ana or from Santa Ana to Fountain Valley. The days of just kind of moving our problem from one city to the other need to be over.”

Once reluctant, these Orange County cities are opening homeless shelters:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-series-part-2
It's also not a victory to leave tax payers on the hook for other people's bad life choices. Sounds more like they're trying to avoid lawsuits.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:57 PM

283 posts, read 625,906 times
Quote:
Please post a link. I've searched for this information, and cannot find anything about a church transporting the homeless to another location.
https://www.ocregister.com/2016/08/3...-side-by-side/

It turns out that the couple, Billy and Sherri Jones, indeed had been relocated to the riverbed from L.A.’s Skid Row more than a month earlier by a man who ministers to the homeless.

Pastor Allen Quinn, the man who brought the Joneses to Orange County, said later in a phone interview that he is working on helping the couple return. Quinn, who lives in Lake Forest and attended Leadership Bible Institute in Whittier, ministers to the homeless at the Santa Ana River and on Skid Row.

Quinn said the Joneses told him they were tired of the shootings and stabbings on Skid Row and wanted something better after half a dozen years of being homeless. So he brought them and their belongings in his pickup to what he calls “Skid River.” He believes it’s a safer environment.

“I’ve done this to try and save someone’s lives,” Quinn says, “and let them know that they’re valued.”

Old 01-01-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post

It turns out that the couple, Billy and Sherri Jones, indeed had been relocated to the riverbed from L.A.’s Skid Row more than a month earlier by a man who ministers to the homeless.
But that's one man; not a church. And I can't seem to access this almost 4 year old article from the OC Register due to its paywall.

Old 01-01-2020, 02:55 PM

283 posts, read 625,906 times
Quote:
But that's one man; not a church. And I can't seem to access this almost 4 year old article from the OC Register due to its paywall.
There are many more stories but if you want to be nuanced about what a "church" is... it is defined as an assembly of people. An individual who preaches to a body of believers about the word of God is considered to be a church.

Not sure what your point is but it looks like whatever evidence I will provide will not be sufficient so will leave it at that and not waste anymore time.

Old 01-01-2020, 04:14 PM

531 posts, read 758,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post

Pastor Allen Quinn, the man who brought the Joneses to Orange County, said later in a phone interview that he is working on helping the couple return. Quinn, who lives in Lake Forest and attended Leadership Bible Institute in Whittier, ministers to the homeless at the Santa Ana River and on Skid Row.

Quinn said the Joneses told him they were tired of the shootings and stabbings on Skid Row and wanted something better after half a dozen years of being homeless. So he brought them and their belongings in his pickup to what he calls “Skid River.” He believes it’s a safer environment.

“I’ve done this to try and save someone’s lives,” Quinn says, “and let them know that they’re valued.”
I thought his(a selfish person want to be) place or church are much safer for homeless people becoming homeless-less.

NOT, he is just pretending to be helpful and no selfish. Tax payers must pay for his (pretending not selfishness).

Please, if you are really a selfish-less person, invite them to your place and make them homeless-less.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:48 AM

"Only four areas nationwide — the city and county of Lancaster, Pa.; Rockford, Ill.; Bergen County, N.J., and communities in the Southwest Minnesota Continuum of Care — have been able to end chronic homelessness, according to the U.S. Interagency Council. Continuums of care are local planning bodies that work to coordinate homeless services within specific areas.

Advocates and service providers for the homeless often point out that there are no one-size-fits-all solutions, but the chronically homeless present additional challenges"

Unsheltered, Part 5: It won’t be easy, but O.C. can beat homelessness, experts and officials say:
https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-...-officials-say

Old 02-16-2020, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,447 times
Exclamation Homeless Hardship

Can we all try to help those less fortunate? I've experienced the loss of having roof overhead. The shelter isn't all that you will loose. Beside that, how is ignoring them working for all of us?
Together we can ALL enjoy LIFE. Acronynm: L.I.F.E.= Life is for Everyone.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:34 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach 4 Life View Post
Can we all try to help those less fortunate? I've experienced the loss of having roof overhead. The shelter isn't all that you will loose. Beside that, how is ignoring them working for all of us?
Together we can ALL enjoy LIFE. Acronynm: L.I.F.E.= Life is for Everyone.
You have a right to life. You don't have a right to housing or someone else's property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County