Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 05:08 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
LOL, this makes my heart sing. To hear OC will eventually turn blue as the boomers and racists die off. See ya! Ta ta.... don't let the door hit you all on the way out, Trumpers. Byyyyye. Farewell. Glad it's happening.
Wait till you get some real racist neighbors here with money from Japan, China or Pakistan. You'll wish you had the old ones back.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:33 PM

6,723 posts, read 6,722,163 times
Quote:
LOL, this makes my heart sing. To hear OC will eventually turn blue as the boomers and racists die off. See ya! Ta ta.... don't let the door hit you all on the way out, Trumpers. Byyyyye. Farewell. Glad it's happening.
Except they just flipped a Congressional seat from Dem to GOP.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:37 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Funny thing is, the old axiom of "if you are a conservative before age 30 you have no heart, if you are a liberal after age 30, you have no brain" still seems to hold true, except for the most ideologically committed. With age comes children and usually more money. Those two things really change and shape your world view.

The one codicil to that axiom seems to be, there comes a point when you acquire so much money you become detached from the real world and you can spout childish nonsense because it has no consequences in your life.

OC actually got redder in 2020, returning at least 2 seats to the GOP House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wait till you get some real racist neighbors here with money from Japan, China or Pakistan. You'll wish you had the old ones back.
+1 (couldn't rep you again so soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Except they just flipped a Congressional seat from Dem to GOP.
They flipped 2, maybe 3 in OC in the 2020 election. May flip 2 more in 2022.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:39 AM

12,828 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheIce View Post
I'm sure your heart will sing in an echo chamber where everyone else thinks like you as you make infantile assumptions.

The people I mentioned leaving are leaving with millions and in some cases multi million dollar businesses.
These are educated, intelligent people who have built businesses and want to protect their wealth and freedoms.

Have you ever heard of Taxes, Corporate tax rates, Regulations, Employment laws, Inheritance tax, Exit taxes...what about Newsom's 'bow down taxes' headed your way (social experiments and homeless programs are not free)?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Been here 9 months. I love everything, ok, well drivers can be pricks, but the politics and successful people leaving is alarming. Not sure if I'm going to follow or not, as this place is special, but dollars leaving is never good for a state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yep. Being racist is not just a white thing. Foreigners can be just as bad.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:03 PM

70 posts, read 85,750 times
Quote:

Same. I'm in North County SD and a lot of us down here aren't feeling the angry, racist, misogynist, science-denying, conspiracy theory embracing vibe. We don't need/want that hot mess here.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:19 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,753,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathina View Post
Same. I'm in North County SD and a lot of us down here aren't feeling the angry, racist, misogynist, science-denying, conspiracy theory embracing vibe. We don't need/want that hot mess here.
Angry, racist, science denying… unless you’re under a rock, you’d know you just described the average democrat…. at least the ones making the most noise right now.
California’s one-party, totalitarian absurdity has made it something of a laughing stock for the rest of the country.
It’s utterly bizarre how people are cheering on such madness

Old 06-16-2021, 08:02 PM

70 posts, read 85,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Angry, racist, science denying… unless you’re under a rock, you’d know you just described the average democrat…. at least the ones making the most noise right now.
California’s one-party, totalitarian absurdity has made it something of a laughing stock for the rest of the country.
It’s utterly bizarre how people are cheering on such madness

Ya well that's me: utterly bizarre.

Old 06-18-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by condohunting View Post
Im a liberal democrat, and California is one of the most liberal and Democratic states in the nation. If you are a conservative, YOU leave. No one wants you here.
Quote:
They’ll be called out too. No room for racism and MAGA trash antics in California.
Thank you for your 17 valuable contributions the last 12 years. I will look forward to 17 more over the next 12 years.

Old 06-18-2021, 05:05 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,753,287 times
Quote:
They’ll be called out too.
You know good and well they won’t be called out.
Wanting conservatives to leave is just another form of bigotry and hatred.
Have fun with your one-party totalitarian state.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as a one party state, that’s something you made up.
Of course there is such a thing as a one party state. Say Cuba, China and oh, say California, for example.

When was the last time a Republican was elected to statewide office and that person wasn't a Hollywood celebrity? When was the last time CA voted for a Republican for president? And I won't even ask when the last time Republicans held the legislature in the state, when was the last time they had enough votes to block a crazy Democrat bill?

Quote:
99% of time there is a video of a racist idiot saying some dumb **** that goes viral they aren’t Pakistani or Asian.
How about Somalian?

Quote:
The main reason your old white conservative friends
Wow, ageist AND racist in one sentence. Congratulations on your own special brand of bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County