Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 07:38 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakzak View Post
THe meth heads have ruined this town, people with money just want to clean it up.

There's not much actual money in Florence. Its two major 55+ communities are little more than glorified trailer parks, and they're putting in another one. Yeah, drug activity is a huge problem there that will probably just get worse. I moved over a year ago and don't really miss the coast. I heard that now that the BK is established, the next thing to complain about is an incoming dollar store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 03:28 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
There's not much actual money in Florence. Its two major 55+ communities are little more than glorified trailer parks, and they're putting in another one. Yeah, drug activity is a huge problem there that will probably just get worse. I moved over a year ago and don't really miss the coast. I heard that now that the BK is established, the next thing to complain about is an incoming dollar store.

Recently, 1 of the Burger King's in Grants Pass was closed... hmmm

Old 03-29-2024, 08:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
[/b]

Recently, 1 of the Burger King's in Grants Pass was closed... hmmm
Maybe they moved it to Florence?

It's interesting to look back three years...the pandemic was rough on Florence.

To be fair to the place, I liked it fine until I stayed there full time instead of flying up to my place in Alaska and other places pretty often. During the COVID years, there was a lot of community friction, and it wasn't easy to get away from because there was nowhere to go. I did like my immediate neighborhood and Old Town.

The low-income housing development they were trying to stop managed to get built, and sure enough, when I looked on local social media, the planned dollar store was the subject of much crying and complaining. Still lots of angst over the lack of a Trader Joe's, which is never going to come there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon