Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2006, 12:29 PM

5 posts, read 19,008 times

Advertisements

Hello,
New here just looking for input about southern Oregon. I spent the summers in Medford as a teen. Now as I approach retirement I'm looking to go back to the west.
Will around $100k get me a place on the outskirts of Medford or Grants Pass?
I'd consider south-eastern Oregon but I think it may be too "country" for me.
I'm kind of a 60's leftist but not so radical kind of guy. Just an old gray haired freak from a time long past.
Hook me up brothers and sisters!
Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2006, 05:51 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,865,463 times
Default Housing prices

Unless you are willing to settle for a mobile home $100,000 will not buy you anything close to Medford or Grants Pass. Prices in those areas are kind of high. There's not much of anywhere in western Oregon where you can buy a place for $100,000. I know this as I've been looking at prices quite a bit. I was thinking of moving some time in the future if I found a place a lot cheaper where the weather was okay.

Some places in Eastern Oregon are less expensive. Bend Oregon is way to high but you might want to check out some of the other cities.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:10 AM

5 posts, read 19,008 times
Cool Out East?

Thanks for the reply. Do you know about the Klamath Falls area?

Old 06-25-2006, 05:45 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,865,463 times
I have not been to Klamath Falls but I have looked at the houses for sale online. It's too snowy for my liking, but each person likes something different. You might be able to find something there.
Try http://www.realtor.com (broken link) And write in Klamath Falls and Oregon for the state. It'll give you a long list of all the houses for sale with pictures of most of them. There are discriptions of the houses and property as well. I've found this site really helpful. Good Luck!

Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 AM

43 posts, read 346,824 times
Have you looked into the Eugene area?

Old 06-28-2006, 02:16 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,610,861 times
If you have your heart set on Southern Oregon, you might check the MLS for Coquille, Myrtle Point, or Powers, these three tiny towns in the Coast ranges have houses advertised about in your price range, but they are rather remote, maybe what you're looking for? Maybe try Cave Junction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon