Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 10:53 AM

6 posts, read 6,882 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. We are interested in neighborhoods with a low hispanic population in the Orlando area. That is just our preference. Our budget for a home is about $600k or a little more. Perhaps N or E side of Orlando. Got kids at UCF so within a 30-40 minute commute if possible.

Background: Family with young adult children. Moved recently to one of the neighborhoods in Saint Cloud off from Narcoossee Rd and we hate it here. Our goal was Lake Nona, but due to the crazy housing market we got priced out of a possible home there. We work from home, our kids are in college. We are hispanic ourselves so this is not about race, more about cultural differences. For example, we do not enjoy dogs left out barking nonstop, loud music, or kids yelling at the top of their lungs at all hours of the day.

Please provide constructive feedback about possible areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2024, 12:15 PM

17,120 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Low Hispanic population 30-40 minutes from UCF? UCF is at the Eastern edge of Orlando. Anything East of I4 has a fairly heavy Hispanic population. I don’t think such a place exists in Orlando. Maybe some parts of Winter Park… Maybe… But you’ll still have to deal with heavy Hispanic populations every time you step out, even if just going to the grocery store.

I understand what you mean by the noise and all of that. I think that’s more of a class thing. Try upper-mid to upper class neighborhoods. Baldwin Park and Delaney Park come to mind.
You won’t be able to get away from Hispanics — this is Orlando. Practically impossible — but start looking into the more “upscale neighborhoods” if you will. I lived in Baldwin (likely moving there again soon) and while it was extremely diverse and had quite a number of visible Hispanics, there wasn’t any of the hassle you mentioned above.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 01-27-2024 at 12:25 PM..

Old 01-27-2024, 12:31 PM

Thank you. I'll do some research on Winter Park. Maybe we have to look into a place for the kids near UCF and move West, but that can get pricey, or wait until they graduate. Not sure yet on how long they'll be living with us. Let me know if any neighborhood recommendations on the West side of town, but away from touristy areas. We do understand that we have to mingle with the hispanic population once we go out, that's not a problem, we just like it peaceful when we're at home.

Old 01-27-2024, 03:14 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Funny way of thinking of Florida, as we are very transient. Move in today and move out tomorrow and the whole neighborhood has changed in 5 years. Facts.
Most HOA communities don’t allow any loud anything, so not sure why you are having this problem. I’m west in the Clermont area in a nice multicultural neighborhood- quiet as a mouse. Only thing we hear is the booms from Disney’s fireworks every night. By the college you will find more younger people. They usually are louder - not always a cultural thing.

Old 01-28-2024, 07:08 AM

27,164 posts, read 43,857,618 times
OP, check out Sweetwater Oaks in Longwood near Wekiva Springs. It's an established/stable neighborhood of solidly upscale homes that's very quiet and minus the issues you mention. Homes there sell fast so inventory can literally change in a few days. It's a 35-minute commute to UCF with a few different options for getting there (via 434, Red Bug Rd or the 408).

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...59,15&qdm=true

Old 01-29-2024, 06:19 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
White, black, hispanic - doesn't matter - trashy people gonna be trashy.

Almost anywhere within 10 miles of UCF that is north of E. Colonial and east of I-4 is going to be "not St. Cloud."
Plenty of options in your price range.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Funny way of thinking of Florida, as we are very transient. Move in today and move out tomorrow and the whole neighborhood has changed in 5 years. Facts.
Most HOA communities don’t allow any loud anything, so not sure why you are having this problem. I’m west in the Clermont area in a nice multicultural neighborhood- quiet as a mouse. Only thing we hear is the booms from Disney’s fireworks every night. By the college you will find more younger people. They usually are louder - not always a cultural thing.
Prior military here, so we're used to neighbors come and go and we have moved a lot ourselves. We've gotten lucky in the past I guess with wonderful neighbors. Heard great things about Clermont! Hopefully things will settle down here as the neighborhood grows, right now I don't know.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
OP, check out Sweetwater Oaks in Longwood near Wekiva Springs. It's an established/stable neighborhood of solidly upscale homes that's very quiet and minus the issues you mention. Homes there sell fast so inventory can literally change in a few days. It's a 35-minute commute to UCF with a few different options for getting there (via 434, Red Bug Rd or the 408).

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...59,15&qdm=true
Thanks for the recommendation! A quick look shows lovely homes there so far. Will look deeper into it.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
White, black, hispanic - doesn't matter - trashy people gonna be trashy.

Almost anywhere within 10 miles of UCF that is north of E. Colonial and east of I-4 is going to be "not St. Cloud."
Plenty of options in your price range.
Although is true you will find all kinds of people no matter their background, there seems to be a thing of being loud and not having respect for other neighbors from some groups more than others. We'll stay away from too close to college, because understandably college kids are going to be college kids and have fun like they should be doing. Hopefully we can get our kids close enough so their commute is not so painful also (don't get me started on the way people in general drive here :-)). Will have to map out E Colonial. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2024, 03:48 AM

490 posts, read 516,902 times
Try this website.

https://bestneighborhood.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando