Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 09:41 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lessman View Post
I'd welcome some insight from someone more familiar with the culture, maybe. What is with the noisy and raucous behavior of certain Hispanic / Latino people in the Orlando area anyway? I'm talking about the loud music, farty-piped cars, and high volume FaceTime conversations in public. I grew up in South Florida and have always lived around Hispanic people (primarily Cuban), but I never noticed such widespread inconsiderate behavior down there.
It's a cultural norm of poor to lower middle class Puerto Ricans who have no filters for social norms and largely live minus the cultural protocol most of us learned as children. It's unfortunate and not something that can easily be overcome. Unfortunately for many once entrenched in a neighborhood, be it one home or two they can easily via that nature change neighborhood dynamic to the point where home values depreciate and overall livability suffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 11:03 AM

24 posts, read 14,309 times
Quote:
I'd welcome some insight from someone more familiar with the culture, maybe. What is with the noisy and raucous behavior of certain Hispanic / Latino people in the Orlando area anyway? I'm talking about the loud music, farty-piped cars, and high volume FaceTime conversations in public. I grew up in South Florida and have always lived around Hispanic people (primarily Cuban), but I never noticed such widespread inconsiderate behavior down there.
Because Orlando is like a magnet that attracts low IQ ghetto people.

Old 02-01-2024, 11:56 AM

17,137 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMonkey View Post
Because Orlando is like a magnet that attracts low IQ ghetto people.
LOL. You created an account to say this?

Old 02-01-2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumUser1234 View Post
Hello everyone. We are interested in neighborhoods with a low hispanic population in the Orlando area. That is just our preference. Our budget for a home is about $600k or a little more. Perhaps N or E side of Orlando. Got kids at UCF so within a 30-40 minute commute if possible.

Background: Family with young adult children. Moved recently to one of the neighborhoods in Saint Cloud off from Narcoossee Rd and we hate it here. Our goal was Lake Nona, but due to the crazy housing market we got priced out of a possible home there. We work from home, our kids are in college. We are hispanic ourselves so this is not about race, more about cultural differences. For example, we do not enjoy dogs left out barking nonstop, loud music, or kids yelling at the top of their lungs at all hours of the day.

Please provide constructive feedback about possible areas.
No offense, but if this was what you are looking to avoid, you picked the wrong city to move to. What you complain of is spreading everywhere here, and will only accelerate. As Arcenal pointed out you won't find anything within half an hour of UCF that fits your bill.

You will need to move far out to the Orlando burbs to find what you want, or you will need to live in very expensive neighborhood like the 32789 part of Winter Park, where the element of people you are trying to avoid is completely priced out. And even if you move far out there is no guarantee that the problems will not spread out there eventually.

Old 02-01-2024, 12:33 PM

17,137 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
No offense, but if this was what you are looking to avoid, you picked the wrong city to move to. What you complain of is spreading everywhere here, and will only accelerate. As Arcenal pointed out you won't find anything within half an hour of UCF that fits your bill.

You will need to move far out to the Orlando burbs to find what you want, or you will need to live in very expensive neighborhood like the 32789 part of Winter Park.
I suggested Baldwin Park as another alternative, but that can also get quite pricey. Even then, however, now that I think of it, I could definitely hear the cacophony that goes on on Colonial at night with large gangs riding up and down on ATVs, obnoxiously loud bikes, and fart can Civics. It certainly didn't occur IN Baldwin Park, but it was audible nonetheless.

Old 02-01-2024, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I suggested Baldwin Park as another alternative, but that can also get quite pricey. Even then, however, now that I think of it, I could definitely hear the cacophony that goes on on Colonial at night with large gangs riding up and down on ATVs, obnoxiously loud bikes, and fart can Civics. It certainly didn't occur IN Baldwin Park, but it was audible nonetheless.
Beautiful community, but I would not go there, both because of what you said and because of the recent burglaries there.

Old 02-01-2024, 01:18 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumUser1234 View Post
Although is true you will find all kinds of people no matter their background, there seems to be a thing of being loud and not having respect for other neighbors from some groups more than others. We'll stay away from too close to college, because understandably college kids are going to be college kids and have fun like they should be doing. Hopefully we can get our kids close enough so their commute is not so painful also (don't get me started on the way people in general drive here :-)). Will have to map out E Colonial. Thanks.
Well,
You could be out of luck - most of us are.
An article below adds another frontier for a “change”

It equates quiet neighborhoods with being wealthy, rich, white? and surreptitiously proclaims that being loud as a part of someone’s own “culture” or ethnicity should be embraced, not to be ashamed, promoted and FU the rest of the people around

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...e-loud/670600/

Old 02-01-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Well,
You could be out of luck - most of us are.
An article below adds another frontier for a “change”

It equates quiet neighborhoods with being wealthy, rich, white? and surreptitiously proclaims that being loud as a part of someone’s own “culture” or ethnicity should be embraced, not to be ashamed, promoted and FU the rest of the people around

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...e-loud/670600/

This author checks all the boxes -- useless degree from expensive university, gets paid well to write drivel.

Does she put on noise cancelling headphones to write her articles from her vibrant hood?

Last edited by IceMonkey; 02-01-2024 at 01:54 PM..

Old 02-01-2024, 03:36 PM

141 posts, read 115,119 times
Quote:
This author checks all the boxes -- useless degree from expensive university, gets paid well to write drivel.

Does she put on noise cancelling headphones to write her articles from her vibrant hood?

No. Surely she listens to Victor Manuelle and Selena at full blast to aid in her creative process, thus claiming her space from those evil folks who merely "reside". For the sake of her poor coworkers I hope she works from home. I would question the wisdom of her employer if she is paid too well to spout such nonsense.

Old 02-01-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
No. Surely she listens to Victor Manuelle and Selena at full blast to aid in her creative process, thus claiming her space from those evil folks who merely "reside". For the sake of her poor coworkers I hope she works from home. I would question the wisdom of her employer if she is paid too well to spout such nonsense.
I didn't actually read the article but I would be shocked if she actually lives in one of those hoods she praises. These types rarely put their money where their mouth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando