Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:04 AM

4 posts, read 6,641 times

Advertisements

So, what did the Sylvan teachers do with the kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
I am familiar with all three. I agree that Kumon is really great for math, but I don't know that it does much for reading or language arts.

Not knowing how old your child is, it is hard to suggest what would work best.

Learn to Read with phonics is really great for phonics and decoding and has many stories kids can read and activities they can do. It is geared toward younger kids though.

If computer stuff works well, I suggest www.mrnussbaum.com - A thousand sites in one; Math Games, educational games, science games, vocabulary games, social studies games and much more!
See if any of the games and activities there might be helpful to your child.

If you can give us some idea of what your child needs, I might be able to find activities that work for those specific skills that you could do with her yourself.

Old 07-25-2023, 01:19 PM

20 posts, read 16,474 times
You should check out Beestar.org. It is an online education platform that offers a wide range of subjects, including math, English, science, social studies, and more. This comprehensive coverage allows students to access resources and practice materials for multiple subjects in one place. It also offers a variety of exercises, quizzes, and challenges that help students enhance their critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Beestar is an online platform, which means students can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. This flexibility allows students to study and practice at their own pace and convenience, fitting the learning into their schedule. I also have my son in Beestar. Math and science are what we signed him up for so far. Moreover, he is becoming better at school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting