Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:42 AM

36 posts, read 62,431 times

Advertisements

None of the city parks allow dogs (such as lincoln park or tiger park)

But Niceville does have a dog park (not on the bay though)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 12:30 PM

28 posts, read 53,879 times
Well, good to know, osufeth. Where is the bark-park in Niceville?

Old 12-15-2014, 01:11 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbovine View Post
Yes, Beachmouse, storms, hurricanes, etc. are probably always a concern on the gulf. Certainly, Niceville is a bit more protected than Destin. Do most homes have back up generators in the area? Does the power go out for periods of time during usual storms?

Hey, and another quick question.....I read that dogs aren't allowed on the beach in Destin, but they have a large dog park facility on Indian Bayou.

Does Niceville have any type of dog park for those civilized pooches who enjoy social interaction? As well as owners who pick-up-poop as necessary!

Or, are there public bayfront parks that allow dogs to swim/hike in Niceville? What about the state parks?
Niceville actually has a very nice dog park, located on Hwy 85. I've heard decent things about the Destin Dog park, but I do know people enjoy the Niceville one.

Okaloosa County does not allow dogs on the beaches. You will see them, but that doesn't mean they are allowed. Walton County does allow them....if you are owner or permanent resident and pay for a license. they have limited hours as well. So just because you see them, doesn't mean you should.

No dogs on the beach at State parks (but you can have them in the camp grounds etc. )

There are lots of places to take your dog to enjoy the water, you just have to find them.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,694,001 times
While you aren't supposed to have dogs on the beach, excluding certain hours in Walton County, I've never heard of it being enforced. And on our walks, we always see a lot of dogs. Just tell the sheriff you are a tourist. Tourists can do whatever they want. ;-)

Old 12-16-2014, 08:10 AM

Default Musings and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
While you aren't supposed to have dogs on the beach, excluding certain hours in Walton County, I've never heard of it being enforced. And on our walks, we always see a lot of dogs. Just tell the sheriff you are a tourist. Tourists can do whatever they want. ;-)
Love those tourists!

So glad Niceville has a place for the pups to play.

So, Destin, Niceville, Ft. Walton, Crestview are all located in Okaloosa Co....and Miramar, Santa Rosa & 30A are in Walton County. Is that right? Hmmm, any differences in property taxes? And ultimately, possibly a difference in re-sell values. I would think Destin is more geared to second home communities while Niceville is more military families with a fair amount of traffic dependent on PSCers. I have read that fixer-uppers abound in BWB from retirees that haven't done any updating for years. Hmmm, could be a pain.

I can't imagine traffic from Destin to Eglin being any worse than standard San Antonio/Houston rush hour traffic. I'm just not thinking those tourists are going to be hitting the road on week days during the 7 a.m. hour to make a beeline to the Pancake House. Maybe traffic on Fridays from Niceville to the beach......

You guys have been a wealth of info, thanks so much. It gives much to ponder.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:18 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,694,001 times
I don't think Destin to Eglin is an issue at all IF you go Mid Bay. I've made the mistake of driving through FWB at 0730. Once.

From my place in Blue Mountain Beach to Eglin East gate is 32 miles. About 45 minutes. If you take the bypass to avoid a little bit of Niceville, it's 36 miles, but sometimes is quicker.

But hey, who wouldn't want to live in Niceville. It really is a nice place.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:55 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Okaloosa and Walton Counties are typically both in the bottom five of Florida county/schools property tax rates, somewhere around a third of what you'd pay in greater Tampa. As much as we complain about the tourists, their high value condo towers and communities do subsidize that for the rest of us to a fair degree.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I don't think Destin to Eglin is an issue at all IF you go Mid Bay. I've made the mistake of driving through FWB at 0730. Once.

From my place in Blue Mountain Beach to Eglin East gate is 32 miles. About 45 minutes. If you take the bypass to avoid a little bit of Niceville, it's 36 miles, but sometimes is quicker.

But hey, who wouldn't want to live in Niceville. It really is a nice place.
Oh my gosh, m1a1mg, you are really out-doing yourself today! , OF COURSE, it's NICE, they wouldn't have named it Niceville for nothing! Otherwise, false advertising! LOL

Can't wait to take a little trip and see it all for myself. But, first...we must take a station break for the celebration of Christmas and New Years!

Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 AM

36 posts, read 62,431 times
I'll never forget when this happened, maybe 10 years ago

When you turn up to go 85N toward crestview from Hwy20, there uses to be a sign made out of lights that said City of Niceville

Well, someone decided it would be funny/awesome (and it was) to make the lights off of certain lights

They took out N, I, C

Old 12-17-2014, 06:27 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osufeth24 View Post
I'll never forget when this happened, maybe 10 years ago

When you turn up to go 85N toward crestview from Hwy20, there uses to be a sign made out of lights that said City of Niceville

Well, someone decided it would be funny/awesome (and it was) to make the lights off of certain lights

They took out N, I, C
LOL - wonder if any pics of that incident are in circulation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola