Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Gkk

1 posts, read 2,187 times

Advertisements

We lived in Columbus, Ga for 5 years. The school our child went to were awesome!! Moved back to Pensacola and our child started back in Pensacola in 7th grade. The curriculm and teaching styles were so different! The middle schools here suck!! Better luck so far at the high school. Our child went from being an A, B student and passing the CRCTS in Georgia. Here not so good on the FCATs and his grades were so up and down. This year they brought in the new Florida Assessments and none of the students have taken them yet. Students here are penalized. In Georgia if a student had As and Bs and barely missed the mark on testings it was up to the parent to say they could move on. Here a child can get As and Bs and miss the mark by a few and the child will be held back. Think about your child's education do not move here. I have never been in a county where so many students are being held back. Teaching and the report card has been over taken by assessments. On the other side student can get Ds as a final grade but pass the assessments with a high score and there in gifted classes how does that work.

Our neighborhood is getting worse. Break ins, home invasions, a recent shooting, this area has gone down hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,001 times
Default Don't move Here

[url=http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/01/31/ten-american-cities-with-worst-drinking-water/]10 American Cities With the Worst Drinking Water - DailyFinance[/url]

Sorry you are being forced to move here.

The only place decent here is in the city of Gulf Breeze. Decent schools, low crime, and a more educated population.

I would be asking for a transfer as soon as I could.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,493 times
We are planning to move a purchase in Pensacola. My daughter is planning to attend UWF, mother is of age, I work. Will the area of 2855 Christine St, Pensacola, FL, 32526 safe for my family?? Bellview.. PLease advise before I make any long distance purchase???

Old 04-12-2016, 10:26 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,335,077 times
Bellview is an okay area for Pensacola. Can I give you some advice? First, do not use your name on the internet. Second, do not post an exact address of where you may be living. And third, do not purchase a house without seeing it and the neighborhood in person!

Old 05-04-2017, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
I'm looking at moving to the area from Memphis, TN, and I was checking out what people thought of the different areas and how safe they were, etc. I saw so many comments about how dangerous it is, and thought I should look into it further. I did, and was a little amused. That's not to diminish anyone's negative experience with criminal activity, but as someone born and raised in Memphis, the crime rate in Pensacola is nothing. I read posts from people that made it sound like a person would do well to avoid Pensacola at all costs. I'm sure it's a big change from living in a small rural town, but any city of a certain size is going to have the issues that you see in the crime reports from ECSO. Please don't blow things out of proportion, people. Thanks!

Old 06-20-2017, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,723 times
Oh wow. Thanks. I am considering moving to Florida because we currently live in Canada and I haven't been able to find a real job in 6 years up here, as they say I am either overqualified or don't have the right credential. I have a Florida Statement of Eligibility to teach 6-12 English, but I'd pretty much have to move on faith and then see. Will move anywhere that is reasonably safe and we can afford a decent quality of life. Prefer warm/hot/humid weather. Also, not religious and I consider myself a Pacifist, so don't know where in Florida we might remotely fit in or have a chance at a decent job. Single mom, 44. American. Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:51 PM

136 posts, read 168,105 times
There are rough parts of Pensacola to be sure, but like the person above from Memphis said it's all a matter of perspective. I can guarantee that anybody coming from Memphis, New Orleans, or even Atlanta is not going to see it as a big factor. If I were moving to that area I would likely check into Gulf Breeze first, but would look a Navarre as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola