Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 03:08 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times

Advertisements

Their worst performance in years, reserved for the NFC Championship game of all games. It was a truly pitiful performance. It literally had the neighbor kids in tears. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 09:00 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What concerns me is the coaches not really taking responsibility. The Seahawks figured out the team and Arians and company didn't really rise to the challenge and address those weaknesses. The playcalling was equally atrocious and didn't really put Carson and the players in a position to succeed.

I think the difference between coaches like Belichick and Arians is Belichick would have learned from the Seattle game and would have had Tom Brady throwing quick outs from the spread at the start of the game.
You are correct! I spoke to a friend who was upset Arians gave the team less than 24 hours to get acclimated to the environment. The team went through final preparations here and flew into Charlotte Saturday evening. He might have a point.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:49 AM

233 posts, read 258,044 times
Teams almost always fly in the day before a game. They went to Philly the day before the game in December. The temps at that game were almost similar to the Carolina game. Were they supposed to fly in early to Carolina and basically sit around the hotel while a blizzard/ice storm was going on? It's not like you get to practice at the stadium the days before game anyways. They're professionals, it's their job to be prepared for anything.

Sorry, I just think it's a lame excuse and reasoning.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:19 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
Teams almost always fly in the day before a game. They went to Philly the day before the game in December. The temps at that game were almost similar to the Carolina game. Were they supposed to fly in early to Carolina and basically sit around the hotel while a blizzard/ice storm was going on? It's not like you get to practice at the stadium the days before game anyways. They're professionals, it's their job to be prepared for anything.

Sorry, I just think it's a lame excuse and reasoning.
They stayed back east earlier in the year and it did not matter versus Pittsburgh. That was a game they really wanted to win for the coach and Palmer choked just like he did in Charlotte. He made backup Landry Jones look all-Pro in comparison.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:52 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Their worst performance in years, reserved for the NFC Championship game of all games. It was a truly pitiful performance. It literally had the neighbor kids in tears. lol
At the risk of starting a conspiracy theory I can't help but wonder if Sunday's game was rigged.

The Cardinals were top performers nearly all season, then along comes the ever-important NFC championship game where it's even more crucial to be the best but they totally blew it.

I couldn't believe how terrible they played, so many opportunities to score but they handed the game to the Panthers and I'm wondering if it was on purpose.

It seems crazy but if there was some under-the-table benjamins involved it's not too difficult to believe.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:42 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
At the risk of starting a conspiracy theory I can't help but wonder if Sunday's game was rigged.

The Cardinals were top performers nearly all season, then along comes the ever-important NFC championship game where it's even more crucial to be the best but they totally blew it.

I couldn't believe how terrible they played, so many opportunities to score but they handed the game to the Panthers and I'm wondering if it was on purpose.

It seems crazy but if there was some under-the-table benjamins involved it's not too difficult to believe.
Did you really think they looked superb/amazing/great during the playoff game against the Packers? Yes, they won, but their defense game up 386 total yards against Green Bay. And don't forget the Seahawks game two weeks prior to that, sure it might have been a "meaningless" game, given Carolina was destroying Tampa and the 1 seed was out of reach, but maybe they at least should have tried a little more. I'm not shooting down your conspiracy theory, but I think their slide started with Game 16.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:50 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,233 times
Yeah, I am shooting down the conspiracy theory. All of the team members would have to be involved. Probably the coaches as well. How do you do that and keep it quiet? What is their motivation when they are already wealthy? Way too many things to even consider something like that. Character, Integrity, no need for dirty money..on and on. Why not just accept the fact that they weren't focused and played poorly? That happens. Also, that was a pretty good team they were up against. No cheating scandal, they just couldnt execute.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:06 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Yeah, I am shooting down the conspiracy theory. All of the team members would have to be involved. Probably the coaches as well. How do you do that and keep it quiet? What is their motivation when they are already wealthy? Way too many things to even consider something like that. Character, Integrity, no need for dirty money..on and on. Why not just accept the fact that they weren't focused and played poorly? That happens. Also, that was a pretty good team they were up against. No cheating scandal, they just couldnt execute.
It was just a crazy thought on my part that might not have any truth behind it but you never know.

The Panthers had a winning record this season but so did the Cardinals and their performance Sunday was unbelievably bad, something just didn't seem right.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,233 times
I have seen really good teams have really bad games before, never gave it a second thought. It happens in all sports.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:35 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They stayed back east earlier in the year and it did not matter versus Pittsburgh. That was a game they really wanted to win for the coach and Palmer choked just like he did in Charlotte. He made backup Landry Jones look all-Pro in comparison.
I think part of that is Arians fault because he is always encouraging them to be gun slingers and be aggressive and throw downfield. Instead, he should be encouraging them to throw to the open man. There were open receivers all day underneath and Carson kept forcing it deep. It's not entirely on Carson.

That Pittsburgh game had as much to do with our defense as it did with Palmer. The Steelers had a third string slow footed pocket passer in Landry Jones and they couldn't even apply pressure on him. In fact, our offense bailed our defense out several times during the year. Look at the Vikings and Bengals game. We only won those by a prayer at the end of the game, but their QB's had all day to throw and were completing huge yards against us at will. Even in the Green Bay playoff game, Aaron Rogers was able to complete a 4th and 20 throwing out of his endzone because there was no pressure in the backfield. We had no pass rush with the exception of Dwight Freeney.

We really need to draft an OLB and sign a DE. If we can get just two more guys who can apply pressure, this team will look a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area