Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 05:28 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,273,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
What do you think of the monster trade? Did we give up a lot for the future?
The Suns are getting an all star player, but they're losing Johnson & Bridges. Johnson is definitely one of the better players. He even helped the team win at the last second in one of the games. So overall, I have mixed opinions. It was a business decision, and trades are expected in this business. I'm taking a "wait & see" approach as to whether or not Durant can help score a championship title for the Suns (which is long overdue).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 09:14 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,739,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The Suns are getting an all star player, but they're losing Johnson & Bridges. Johnson is definitely one of the better players. He even helped the team win at the last second in one of the games. So overall, I have mixed opinions. It was a business decision, and trades are expected in this business. I'm taking a "wait & see" approach as to whether or not Durant can help score a championship title for the Suns (which is long overdue).

Wouldn't it be worse to not make the bold move and watch CP3 retire in 1-2 years without another run at a championship? Even though it's painful to lose the twins now.

Old 02-11-2023, 09:23 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
I have a mixed view on the move itself but welcome the new owners ambitious approach. The Suns are our best franchise and it’s good to see that we’re going for it once again

Old 02-11-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I have a mixed view on the move itself but welcome the new owners ambitious approach. The Suns are our best franchise and it’s good to see that we’re going for it once again

Any chance Isbhia can by the Cards too.

It would be nice to have he Suns on solid ownership ground, I've always said it's nice to have our oldest/original team playing well.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:00 PM

1,610 posts, read 2,017,173 times
Continuing to prove it's a win now mode - https://arizonasports.com/story/3495...terrence-ross/

Old 02-13-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Continuing to prove it's a win now mode - https://arizonasports.com/story/3495...terrence-ross/

Win now mode as in this year and the following 2-3 years. Window 1 is slightly extended with KD who has 3 years remaining on his contract. Interestingly enough KDs contract ends the same year as Mikal's current contract. Could be a great time to reunite in the valley.

Old 05-12-2023, 11:51 AM

1,610 posts, read 2,017,173 times
Very disappointing end to the season. What's next for this team?

Old 05-12-2023, 03:54 PM

208 posts, read 149,135 times
Full disclosure, I'm a Nuggets fan who grew up in CO before living in AZ for 26 years, and now I'm back in CO. I was anticipating a Nuggets victory last night, but not that easily. I honestly think that Booker and KD were exhausted from the minutes and effort that they had to put in this series, because there just isn't much of a supporting cast left. The Suns lost some good talent to get KD, but it made sense. Shamet and Payne had some nice moments in this series, but they're not enough to get you over the hump to win a title. I think they need to move Ayton (he doesn't want to be there, they don't want him there) and CP3, and try to build around KD and Booker with some good role players. Finding teams to take them at those contracts though, oof.

I also don't think it was a coaching issue. I think the Suns have a great coach who did the best that he could with the current roster. And now, you finally have an owner there that isn't a complete moron and will be willing to make whatever moves are necessary to bring a championship to the Valley. I know it was a rough end to the last two seasons, but I honestly feel like the Suns are very close to being a championship team, as much as it pains me to say it.

Old 05-13-2023, 05:07 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,730,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoCO1 View Post
Full disclosure, I'm a Nuggets fan who grew up in CO before living in AZ for 26 years, and now I'm back in CO. I was anticipating a Nuggets victory last night, but not that easily. I honestly think that Booker and KD were exhausted from the minutes and effort that they had to put in this series, because there just isn't much of a supporting cast left. The Suns lost some good talent to get KD, but it made sense. Shamet and Payne had some nice moments in this series, but they're not enough to get you over the hump to win a title. I think they need to move Ayton (he doesn't want to be there, they don't want him there) and CP3, and try to build around KD and Booker with some good role players. Finding teams to take them at those contracts though, oof.

I also don't think it was a coaching issue. I think the Suns have a great coach who did the best that he could with the current roster. And now, you finally have an owner there that isn't a complete moron and will be willing to make whatever moves are necessary to bring a championship to the Valley. I know it was a rough end to the last two seasons, but I honestly feel like the Suns are very close to being a championship team, as much as it pains me to say it.
Thanks for your honest feedback. Congratulations to your Nuggets, who were clearly the better team. However, they have a tough series ahead against the Lakers, who will be a more formidable opponent than the Suns. Getting back to the Suns, I agree the KD trade was geared more towards the future as the team had little time to gel after he was acquired. One thing I am sure of is that Ayton has to go because he certainly doesn't want to play for the Suns, regardless of what he tells the media. They're also going to need a starting point guard to replace Paul, who has been overtaken by father time. If he's on the team next season he should come off the bench. Now, to Monty, I think he should get another year but his seat should be warm because he gets outcoached and is too slow to make in-game adjustments. His teams, in elimination games, are never ready to compete and end up getting blown out. We have enough of a sample size to easily make that assessment. He's a great regular season coach, but playoffs are another story.

On another note, what led you back to Colorado?

Old 05-13-2023, 10:57 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,273,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Now, to Monty, I think he should get another year but his seat should be warm because he gets outcoached and is too slow to make in-game adjustments. His teams, in elimination games, are never ready to compete and end up getting blown out. We have enough of a sample size to easily make that assessment. He's a great regular season coach, but playoffs are another story.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...iams-4-seasons

He won't even get another year. The new owner made the decision to fire Williams, even though we can largely thank Williams for turning the Suns around. I think you're right about him being an overall great coach, but he did seem a bit passive at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area