Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,716,374 times

Advertisements

My "summer lifestyle" involves staying indoors as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:12 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,154,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
To be honest, a lot of the country is like this. Fall is the best season IMO.

Winters here are very nice in comparison to most of the country. Sure, it can drop below the freezing point a few nights each winter, but it's rare to have a day where the high is less than 50 degrees. Just put on a jacket and life is good.

The things I dislike the most about Phoenix weather are (1) the relentless nature of summer, and (2) during the nice times of year the days are shorter. With that said, it's perfect for snowbirding. Live here Nov-April, and then the rest of the year anywhere in the northern part of the country (or at elevation).
You forgot to mention that during that time there are a LOT more people here as well. Everything gets crowded.

Old Today, 02:59 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,069,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
You forgot to mention that during that time there are a LOT more people here as well. Everything gets crowded.
Good point.

I guess my wife and I have lived here long enough that we've established a seasonal pattern. We know what trails to avoid certain times of year, which restaurants absolutely will need a reservation in the winter, etc.

Old Today, 07:52 PM

4,629 posts, read 3,013,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
Yes, and if you live near a golf course lots of mosquitos. Not like minnesota where you look out a window
and see a flock of mosquitos flying away with a cow but still bad enough to be annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
MN mosquitos are mild in comparison towet areas (while it is also warm outside)...

MN's reputation is exaggerated.
So in reality, they don't carry off cows, only pigs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area