Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 09:08 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,613 times

Advertisements

Harry Reid returns campaign money paid to granddaughter for 'holiday gifts' - Las Vegas Sun News

How the hell does this man get away with this?! Same guy who falsely accuses Romney of not paying taxes, turns out to use campaign money as gifts for a family member and he faces no consequences?!?!!

This absolutely disgusting. Tell me if you liberals arent okay with this......or just defend it and excuse it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,238,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Harry Reid returns campaign money paid to granddaughter for 'holiday gifts' - Las Vegas Sun News

How the hell does this man get away with this?! Same guy who falsely accuses Romney of not paying taxes, turns out to use campaign money as gifts for a family member and he faces no consequences?!?!!

This absolutely disgusting. Tell me if you liberals arent okay with this......or just defend it and excuse it.
He gets away with it by attacking people who have horror stories about obamacare as liars. He understands by lashing out at others the friendly MSM will not look in his closets for skeletons

Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
He gets away with it by attacking people who have horror stories about obamacare as liars. He understands by lashing out at others the friendly MSM will not look in his closets for skeletons

This isnt even a skeleton. It's out. Sure, the news media will not tell the American people about it, but its no secret anymore. Yet, it looks like nothing will happen to him. He just gives back the money and thats that. WTH!!!??? He should be thrown from office. How can a friggin Senator get caught doing this, yet still be allowed to keep his job. You, I, anyone else does something like that and we are in HUGE trouble. But with him.....nothing.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,238,291 times
Quote:
This isnt even a skeleton. It's out. Sure, the news media will not tell the American people about it, but its no secret anymore. Yet, it looks like nothing will happen to him. He just gives back the money and thats that. WTH!!!??? He should be thrown from office. How can a friggin Senator get caught doing this, yet still be allowed to keep his job. You, I, anyone else does something like that and we are in HUGE trouble. But with him.....nothing.
You forgot it is only bad if a conservative does it

Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,389,966 times
Quote:

Here's your reply from CD liberal contingent:

The Tremeloes - Silence is Golden - YouTube

Old 03-26-2014, 09:44 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,558,967 times
Dem voters expect their pols to be criminals.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Things that make you go, Hmmmm????

Old 03-26-2014, 09:56 AM

So hey, if this is legal and okay, then Im going to go out, run for office and raise some cash, and gift the money to my girlfriend. And if I get caught, ill just give the money back. If Harry Reid can do it and face no prosecution, then why cant I?

Old 03-26-2014, 11:35 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,774,970 times
Quote:
So hey, if this is legal and okay, then Im going to go out, run for office and raise some cash, and gift the money to my girlfriend. And if I get caught, ill just give the money back. If Harry Reid can do it and face no prosecution, then why cant I?
Because you're not the Senate Majority Leader who is aligned politically with the head of the Executive branch and the U.S. Attorney General who would bring any charges.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,786,851 times
Smug isn't he.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies